8

After showering, John took Alexander home and dropped Frances off with the Washington's.

However, when he arrived at his job, they told him he had been laid off because the company couldn't afford to have as many employees as they did.

John immediately began to cry as this happened and begged them to let him keep his job but they said they couldn't help.

John just nodded and left, sitting in his car and sobbing. He didn't understand what he did wrong for this to happen to him. He knew he could provide for him and Frances without two jobs.

He drove to the Washington's house, knocking on their door quickly. Martha opened the door after a moment. "Oh, John, baby what's wrong?" She asked, immediately hugging the teenager.

"I-I got fired." John muttered, hugging back. He just didn't know what else he could do.

"Oh, sweet boy!" Martha said, hugging John tighter. "Here, you come in. I'll make you some tea. It'll all be alright, sweetness." She said. John nodded and let go, walking in and sitting on the couch. Frances ran up to him and hugged him, even though she saw him a little over an hour prior.

John picked up his little girl and held her tightly in his arms for a few minutes. Martha soon came in and set the tea on the table.

John let go of Frances and allowed her to play. "I just don't know what I'm going to do..." he whispered.

Martha sighed. "John, I know you hate this but please move in with George and I. We absolutely adore you and Frances and we just want to help. It'll take of rent and food. Please, please say yes." She begged.

John frowned. "You and George have already done to much for me though. I don't want to just make things harder on you guys." He said.

Martha frowned at that. "John, George and I have been wanting a kid forever. And we think of you like our child in some way. Please let us take care of you." She said again.

John sighed. "Okay, but I will still pay you guys. I know you have the money but I will feel guilty if I don't give you something." He said.

Martha gave a small nod. "That's fine. Just glad you said yes. This means you can spend more time with Frances too." She noted.

John gave a small smile. "Yeah, it does." He hummed, looking at his little girl. He absolutely adored her.

"It also means you have time to go on dates. And you would look really good with Alexander." Martha hummed.

John rolled his eyes, giving a dumb smile. "We are just friends." He mumbled.

Martha playfully rolled her eyes. "Not for long. You two have such good chemistry." She told him.

John laughed a bit. "I don't know. Maybe we will get together one day but for now, I'm content being his friend." He hummed.

Martha nodded. "Alright, but when you two get married, I'll be saying I told you so." She said, standing up.

John rolled his eyes again. "Alright, Martha." He laughed. "I'll go to the apartment and get clothes for me tonight. Then I will talk to the owner and we can move in tomorrow since I don't work." He said.

Martha nodded. "It sounds like a plan." She agreed.

John stayed the night at the Washington's and explained to Frances how it was their new home. The next morning, since he didn't work. The building owner honestly didn't care.

Washington has gotten him a Uhaul to hold all of their belongings. He called Lafayette and Alex to help him pack up.

"John? Which box do you want this?" Lafayette asked, walking over with a Hannah Montana poster.

"Oh I completely forgot I had that." John laughed. "You can throw it out." He told.

Lafayette nodded and went to do so before Alex stopped him. "Why would you throw out a poster of the most influential woman of our generation?" He asked.

John smiled and rolled his eyes. "Since you obviously wanna jack off to it, have it." He said, putting a couple of Frances's little toys in the box he had with him.

Alexander rolled his eyes. "Nah, I'd rather jack off to something else here." He joked. They were throwing John's bed out since the Washington's had plenty, though they were taking Frances's crib so Alexander was taking that apart for easier travel.

"Disgusting." John muttered, smiling a bit as he finished with Frances's toys. They didn't have much to pack, since the apartment was pretty bland.

John went over and helped Alex with the crib. "Aww, thank you for being so kind, honey badger." Alex said.

John rolled his eyes. "You still have yet to find the right one. I'm greatly disappointed, Hamilton." He said, giving the dumbest smile.

Alexander laughed. "I will, mi luz del sol, I will." He hummed.

"Oh, what does that mean?" John asked. He was supposed to learn Spanish when he was younger but then his dad told him to learn Swedish instead so John couldn't speak Spanish but he knew Swedish very well.

Alexander shrugged. "My secret." He hummed, finishing up the crib with John's help. He then began putting the pieces in a box.

"You're dumb." John said, helping Alex with it.

"I'm not the only one." Alexander said, obviously joking. They finished soon and John brought the boxes down to the uhaul with Lafayette.

"Mom Ami, I have something to tell you." Lafayette said as they entered the elevator.

"Yes?" John asked. "I think I have a crush." Lafayette admitted.

"Oh my gosh! On who?!" John asked immediately. He hoped Lafayette would settle down and date someone.

"Shh, Ami." Lafayette blushed. "It's Alexandre's friend. Hercules." He said.

"Aww, you two would be so cute!" John said.

Lafayette just look at his feet and shrugged, smiling dumbly.

"How'd you two meet?" He asked. "At that party. We hooked up and kept talking. He's so sweet, John." Lafayette replied as the elevator opened.

"I'm so happy for you." John smiled.

Lafayette hummed a bit. "I'm happy for you too, Ami. You and Alexander are nonstop flirting. I can see it." He smiled.

John rolled his eyes. "Lies." He said.

Lafayette shook his head. "You'll be dating in no time. I know this." He said.

"Whatever."