11

They soon arrived at the lake house, John being awoken by Alexander shaking him gently. "Hey, my sunflower seed, we have arrived." Alex said as John stirred awake. He stretched a bit before unbuckling and grabbing his bag from the back.

"Sunflower would've been fine. The seed ruined it." John muttered, getting out of the car.

Alex gave a small laugh and nodded. "Yeah, but I don't think sunflower is the right name." He said, grabbing his bag and getting out as well.

"Oh, so you still have yet to find the right one? Damn, you've gotta do better, Hamilton." John tsked, waiting on Alexander to get out and then walking beside him to the cabin, where Lafayette and Hercules already were.

Alexander shrugged. "I just want to make sure it's perfect." He hummed. John didn't reply, walking up to the house and opening the door to see Lafayette and Hercules making out.

"Ew, get a room, you two." John laughed. They parted and Lafayette flipped John off, lovingly, of course.

"Which room is ours?" John asked with a smile. "The one we normally stay in. We're taking the other." Lafayette said, going over to the liquor cabinet.

John nodded and walked the way, Alexander following. They set their bags in the room. "I'm gonna go start a fire so we can roast marshmallows." John hummed.

Alexander nodded. "Alright, sweetie sugar cake." He hummed, walking out to the living room.

John shook his head, checking his phone for a second to se two text from Martha. It was a couple pictures of Frances at Build A Bear.

John smiled happily at the sight of his daughters face, sending a few text back about how adorable she was. He took one picture of her hugging a Bunny dressed in a ballerina costume and put it as his lock screen, humming happily. His home screen was a picture of Frances making cookies with him that Martha took. It was definitely John's favorite photo of him and Frances together.

He put his phone down and popped jobs back, walking out of the house and going to the bonfire spot that him and Lafayette had been to several times. He put some of the wood that was already chopped before starting the fire. He hummed as he did that, the Bubble Guppies theme song.

Suddenly, Lafayette wrapped his arm around John, a cup of orange juice in his hand that John assumed was mixed with vodka. "Mon Ami!" He said.

John laughed a bit. "Lafayette! I made a fire." He hummed. Lafayette nodded. "I see that." He laughed, sipping his drink.

John smiled a bit and nodded. "I'm glad you came. You're normally stuck at home or work and I miss you." Lafayette said, booping John's nose.

John frowned a bit at that, shrugging. "Frances needs me. I've got to do what I can to take care of her." He said. Lafayette sighed. "The little Frances is adorable and you're a great father." He said.

John smiled a bit. "I try my best. I just want her to be happy and healthy." He sighed, looking at the fire. "I've never loved someone as much as I love her. She's my everything." He said. He did love Frances more than he thought anyone could ever love another person.

Lafayette nodded. "I know, your heart is so big for the petit girl." He said. "But you've got to let loose sometimes. I think the Alexander is helping you do that. This is your second day off in two weeks. I've never seen you do that." He said.

John shrugged a bit. "I don't know." He muttered, frowning a bit. "I think you could fall in love with him. I think you will." Lafayette said, really believing it. He had known John his entire life and now, he was finally starting to mellow out. It made Lafayette happy because he truly did worry about his friend.

John tensed at Lafayette's words. He didn't like that and he wasn't sure why. He just never was in love and with Frances, he wasn't sure he wanted to be for a while.

"I-I'm going to go get the others and some marshmallows." He muttered, moving away from Lafayette and walking to the house.

While Lafayette and John were talking, Alexander and Hercules were. Alex was eating apple slices on the couch, on his phone, when Hercules sat next to him.

"You look at John like how you looked at Thomas." Hercules mumbled, sipping his orange juice and vodka that Lafayette had made him. He wasn't drunk yet, just a little buzzed, if you could even say that.

Alexander frowned a bit. "No I don't." He muttered, still looking at his phone. Even if it was true, Alexander would still refuse to believe it.

Hercules sighed. "I know you don't want to believe it but it's true..." he whispered. Alexander just shrugged. "Whatever. I don't even like John the way I liked Thomas." He mumbled.

Hercules nodded. "I know but you're getting there. Just-I don't want you to hide your feelings because of fear. You've left several relationships when they get serious because of what happened with Thomas and I just don't want you to miss out on what could happen." He said.

Alexander shrugged, looking down at the rug in front of the couch. Hercules sighed. "Have you talked to him recently? Like actually talked to him?" He asked.

Alexander shook his head. "Not since the end of July. It wasn't a long conversation either. Just a quick phone call over how our summer was." He muttered. It hurt Alex that they didn't actually talk but he just tried not to think about it.

Hercules nodded a bit. "Well, he's dating this girl named Martha. I don't think he actually loves her though. I know he's hooking up with this guy named James behind her back." He told.

"Cool." Alexander said bitterly, taking Hercules's orange juice and drinking some now. He didn't like to talk about Thomas. He really didn't, especially sober.

Hercules took his drink back before Alexander drank too much. "I was just letting you know so you won't be as hurt if you found out another way." He said.

Alexander sighed and nodded before the door opened and John walked in. "Hey, I started a bonfire. I'm getting stuff for s'mores now so you guys should come out there." He said, giving a small smile.

Alexander nodded and stood up. Hercules sighed and grabbed the bottle of vodka, plus a couple beers before going outside with Lafayette.

Alex stayed and helped John get the things. "Hey, you okay? You don't look to happy?" John asked Alexander, noticing how his smile was kind of dead.

Alex shrugged a bit. "I'm alright. Hercules just told me something that's kind of upsetting but it's alright. I'm better now that you're here, strawberry gummy bear." He said, giving an Alexander smiled.

John smiled and rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He hummed before he had everything, with help from Alexander, and took everything outside.