017

"yoongi can we talk please" namjoon stood in the kitchen while yoongi messed around with the counter trying to tidy up.

"uh yea sure what's up joon" yoongi finally sat down on one of the barstools while namjoon dragged one to the other side of the tiny island facing yoongi.

"I think we should try again," Yoongi choked on his own spit, staring at Namjoon incredulously.

"try what again" yoongi had both hands on the counter top splayed out.

"us, me and you like in highschool" namjoon sighed when yoongi continued to just stare at him, "except i won't leave you this time like a dick, i don't want to hurt you like that ever again"

"why do you want this now why not a year ago or three years ago" yoongi glared at namjoon tattooed arm flexing as his fists closed.

"I regret not being a part of Jee's life and your life. I don't want to make the mistake of leaving you guys ever again" Namjoon looked at the countertop refusing to make eye contact now, "i split with jimin after the trip".

yoongis eyes widended suprised.

"im not asking to move in or move you guys or anything but to start slowly start going on dates and seeing jee wiht you" namjoons eyes trailed along yoongi's tattoos tears in his eyes, "i love you i shouldn't have left".

silence choked the small kitchen space as yoongi wiped his tears away quickly, moth quivering, "why didn't you stay".

namjoon blinked, "because i was afraid and i was stupid and we were younger".

"fine" yoongi said eyes bearing into namjoons, "you can stay tonight if you want on the couch since it's super late and help me take jee to school".

namjoon smiled brightly rushing around the table to hug yoongi who protested pulling namjoons shoulders away from him before he gave up and let namjoon hug him by his waist, "thankyou yoon".

yoongi stiffened at the nickname crying a little harder while he hugged namjoon back softly almost on his tiptoes to reach namjoons broad shoulders, "lets get your shit together for the night"

namjoon pulled away from yoongi who moved around him to get to their tiny hall closet where extra blankets and sheets were. he pulled out some bedding with the help of namjoon while they made the couch into a comfortable sleeping space for namjoon.

"gimme a second i'm getting you a change of clothes" yoongi carefully went into his and jees room getting sweatpants and an oversized shirt that would hopefully fit namjoon well, "bathrooms across my room, go" yoongi continued to fix up the couch for namjoon while the taller came back from the bathroom the sweatpants didn't reach his ankles and the shirt was tight but he made it work.

"can i kiss you?" namjoon asked, sitting down on the now made couch while yoongi wrestled a pillowcase onto a pillow stopping to address namjoon.

"no" yoongi hands shook as he put the pillow on the end of the couch standing in front of namjoon and grabbing his face between his pale hands, "take it slow remember". yoongi kissed him on the forehead lightly pulling away and smiling, "goodnight".

"goodnight" the taller responded smiling brightly again. Yoongi left, shutting the door to his and jees shared room, "love you".

the next morning yoongi woke up first with jee on his chest hair up in a little bun to keep it out of the way so yoongi didn't sleep on her long hair again, "jee bub wake up".

min jee sat up glaring at her dad, "i don't want to go to school".

"no choice you've missed to many days and your teachers are nosy as hell" yoongi sat up the large sweater he wore to bed covering his thighs almost to his knees, "lets go hop to it". yoongi smiled brightly, booping his little daughter's nose lightly.