007

➖

The next day Yoongi got home from his shift at the diner circling his larger hand over min jees tiny one. She had stayed in the kitchen while everyone worked since hoseok couldn't take her and Jin didn't mind the company broken finger and all.

"Jee honey let's get ready the second we go inside alright" the older male struggled to flip threw his keys.

Min jee fiddled with her dad's large hands not helping the ongoing struggle of unlocking there apartment door. She silently nodded tugging on the metal band that encircled his finger.

Finally popping the door open with a grunt he cursed at his keys making sure min jee couldn't hear him. Both flopped onto the couch glad to get away from the chilly winter air "ready"? Yoongi twisted his head over to his daughter smiling at the way she refused to let his hand go.

He sat up tugging the little girl with him and going into there shared bedroom to pull out some clothing. Yoongi grabbed a flannel with a pair of jeans and threw them on his bed along with a sweater and jeans for min jee. There was an ominous feeling in the small apartment every time yoongi's phone beeped he jumped. It felt like high school all over again waiting for namjoon to text him about something and being let down when he didn't.

The message both had been waiting for never came instead a knock sounded from the front door "come on sweetie". Min jee grabbed her father's hand again nibbling on her bottom lip with a pout. He smiled down at the eight year old forgetting the door for a minute and just admiring his daughter.

Yoongi snapped out of it when there was another knock and min jee tugged her father forward to open the door. Namjoon awkwardly switched his weight on his feet when min jee basically ripped the door open glaring at her other dad.

"Hey i just need to grab my backpack you can stay here with jee" yoongi looked down at his daughter removing her hands from his. She stared at the floor refusing to meet eyes with the tall man in front of her.

"I'm namjoon" the taller squated looking at min jee an almost spitting image of yoongi.

Min jee squinted at him the shyness that had taken over before, completely disappearing when she saw the condescending way namjoon had bent down for her "people who stoop down to a child's level to talk to them are condescending asswipes". She stumbled over the last words min jee didn't actually understand the entire thing but she lived by the tiny sentence. It was true yoongi had told her that one day after picking her up from school. Said day being when she lashed out at a teacher and the teacher crouched down speaking to min jee in a baby voice. It felt like they were looking down on her and underestimated her, she hated that. The day ended with both enjoying candy together on a park bench.

Namjoon stood up slightly shocked at the curse that left the eight year olds lips, min jee giggled at his expression.

Yoongi smiled at min jees laughter finally shoving everyone out the door and locking it "whatcha wanna do". Namjoon still shocked stood still looking between yoongi and min jee.

"Min jee just said asswipe" yoongis eyes widened mirroring the same expression as namjoon.

He grabbed min jee by her waist lifting the little girl onto his hip "jee, honey, baby, no cursing got it"? Min jee nodded wrapping her arms aorund his neck. "Did you introduce yourself to namjoon". The trio were still right outside the door obvlisous to the fact that the neighboring apartment could probably hear them.

Min jee shoook her head "I wanna stay like this".

"Fine but you still have to say hi weirdo" yoongi shuffled closer to namjoon slipping his hand around min jees back to make sure she didn't fall when she leaned back.

She stuck her hand out a familiar gummy smile gracing her beautiful face "jee". Yoongi watched proud of his daughter who politely shook hands with namjoon.

"Namjoon but you can call me wha-"

Yoongi interupped him before he could continue already seeing where the sentence was going "you call him dad".

Min jee nodded reaching her Hands to the straps of yoongis backpack "namjoon take her". Yoongi detached min jee ignoring the glare she sent to him, she was to cute to be intimidating.

Namjoon awkwardly grabbed min jee letting her situate Herself on his shoulders "good"? Min jee nodded laughing at how short her yoongi looked from on top of namjoons shoulders.

"Short" min jee laughed harder as her dad started to point his finger up at her "quiet you little munchkin".

Namjoon patiently waited cracking a smile at the way both bickered with each other over height "ready, there's this super cool new park its not far".

Min jee nodded eageerly she loved playing different games on the metal structure. Yoongi followed namjoon to his car watching his daughter from behind.

All three were currently playing tag running around the playground were barely anyone was due to the cold air. Namjoon hadn't exactly thought it threw.

"Come back here" min jee shrieked running away from namjoon who had his arms stretched in front of him trying to catch her. Min jee ran faster sliding into a plastic tube namjoon couldn't fit in.

She jumped almost screaming till she realized it was yoongi who had grabbed her "shhhhh, hiding spot". He winked at his daughter leaning as comfortably as possible in the orange tube.

Min jee nodded before doing the evilest thing she could come up with "namjoon get him" she crawled out of the tube running away and leaving yoongi to gasp in betrayal before wiggling out of the tube to.

Namjoon loomed over him smirking "need a little help", he reached his hand out mocking yoongi with his dark eyes.

"Dammit that traitor" yoongi wiggled fully out of the park structure letting namjoon tag him.

"No wonder min jee has a colorful language" yoongi smiled. He wasn't wrong he tended to curse when things weren't going great so a lot. Min jee must've picked up on it to.

Yoongi smiled wider "i'll work on it" he ran after the taller before screeching to a halt and spinning around to attack his daughter who sat at the bottom of the slide giggling like a maniac.

Min jee stretched out a dramatic no before toppling of her seat and running again this time away from yoongi.

I love this chapter