3 - Plans & Punches

⚠️ W A R N I N G ⚠️
trigger warning
abusive relationship writing below.
read at your own risk.

I'll place a warning before the scene. "⚠️"

I sat across Haneul at a cafe not too far from campus. I held the cup of coffee with my two hands, looking down at it while my leg uncontrollably bounced.

"I know this may seem too out of the blue but I needed to speak to you, to know that you're okay. The girls and I miss you so much, you have no idea." She said softly, brown eyes wanting to meet mine but I refused, keeping my eyes focused of the cup of coffee in my hands.

"I'm okay." Was all I said.

"Jaehwa... I think she missed you the most to be honest." She laughed. "She's always pouting when Miyoung mentions you."

My heart sank in my chest at the thought of them. I really wanted to reconnect but I wasn't able to make that choice.

"I miss you all too." I looked up at her, offering a small smile.

She smiled back and I knew that that small smile was all she needed to let it all out.

"Look, Ji, the girls and I... we've been worried about you and—"

"I'm fine, Haneul." I interrupted, giving her a stern look. As much as I want the help, talking about this in a public place is not what I want. Or maybe I just don't want to talk about this at all.

She sighed. "Okay, okay." She forced a smile. "We don't have to talk about this if you don't want to."

I nodded once, acknowledging what she said.

"I actually wanted to invite you to the club this Saturday. We're celebrating my birthday and I'd really like it if you were there." She said giving me a hopeful smile.

I've missed the girls' birthdays but something tells me to not miss this one. Besides, I miss them too and going out with them doesn't sound too bad. I'll sneak out if I have to.

"Sure. I'll be there." I smiled softly.

"Really?!" She said excitedly and I nodded, making her squeal. "Okay, okay, so we should actually meet up at my house first to get ready and then we'll go, is that okay?"

That actually makes sneaking out easier.

"Yeah, that's fine." I grinned. I looked at the clock on the wall realizing it was past six already. "I— Haneul, I'm sorry but I have to go. It was nice seeing you, I'll see you Saturday."

Without waiting for her reply I got my things and almost ran out the cafe, my cup of coffee long forgotten.

-

⚠️ ⚠️⚠️⚠️

I unlocked the door with shaky hands, planning to go straight to my room but of course, that didn't happen.

"Where were you?!" Minjun shouted, sitting down on the couch, beer bottles on the center table.

"I—"

"You were with that dickhead, right?! My friends saw you being too close with Jungkook, Jihyun. You know I do not appreciate being left looking stupid because my girl is out there hoeing around while I'm at work making sure we have a roof to live under!" He shouted, approaching me.

"I'm sorry I—"

He grabbed a handful of my hair, slamming me against the front door making me wince in pain. "You better be fucking sorry, Jihyun. I do everything for you, I love you." His voice softened at the end as he caresses my cheek with his free hand, you know, the one that isn't pulling my fucking hair.

"I-I love you too." I stuttered out, hoping it was the right thing to say. But of course it wasn't, nothing ever goes my way.

"If you did, you wouldn't even talk to other guys!" He shouted in my face, I was about to burst into tears at this point.

"I won't do it anymore, I promise." I chocked out.

He slammed my head against the door once again, making me cry out in pain.

"Your promises mean nothing to me anymore, dear. I love you, okay? I'm doing this because this is the only way you listen. I love you very much." He forced a kiss and released me from his hold.

Only to throw a punch at my face making me fall to the floor as I cried in pain. It stung and I could feel my cheek and part of my jaw slowly becoming numb. I hovered my hand over my cheek not wanting to touch it and inflict more pain.

Hot tears traveled down my cheeks as I sobbed out my sorrows. I looked up at him, he looked just as he always did after hitting me, regretful.

The reason why I always forgave him.

"I'm so sorry, baby." He said sitting down on the floor with me, bringing me into his arms and rocking me side to side while he ran his fingers through my hair. "I do this for us. For you."

I cried harder at this. I can't believe I let myself fall into what I always told my friends to get out of. I was always the one who would say something along the lines of, "just leave him" or "don't be stupid enough to go back to him, know your worth".

But it isn't as easy as it sounds. It's hard to know your worth when the person you love tells you you're worth nothing only to tell you that you're worth the entire universe seconds later.

I am too deep into this to be able to get out on my own but I don't want to trouble anyone with this because this is something I got myself into. I want help but when I'm seconds away from getting it I always think of him.

I can't do it.

But I really need help.

I need help before he completely breaks me.

And if or when he does, I won't be able to be saved.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

If you or anyone you know is in an abusive relationship seek help immediately

If you or anyone you know is in an abusive relationship seek help immediately. Every second counts.

You can contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline.

Advocates are available 24/7 and you can call them at : 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

There is a chat option available in the website in case you are not able to make a call.

Wattpad did not let me place the link on here, however, you can search up the website in google. If you can't find it, contact me through here and if possible I'll send it to you.

Please contact someone. We're here for you.

You're not alone. 💜