8. London

Hoorain and Daniel had found a different kind of comfortable for each other after that open heart to heart in hospital. They started to spend a lot more time together off duty and were fulfilling the role of a good friend for each other. There were days when Hoorain visited Daniel's training sessions to spend time with him and then there were days when he would visit the studio where she would be recording interviews when there was no game. There was a lot more ease and understanding between them.

She had stared in the mirror holding the dress she had opted to wear tonight for the dinner Daniel had planned for her. A smile had reached her lips as she looked into the mirror and confirmed her decision of wearing the very dress she was holding. The conversation from yesterday rang back in her ears and she smiled to herself.

"Don't you have a training session?"

"Hello? Us cricketers have a life outside the cricket ground as well. So yeah, dodging the question didn't work, it stays: Coffee tomorrow?"

"Who sets the time?"

"You can. Take the lead."

"At 4pm."

"Noted."

It was decided for a coffee meet but Daniel himself had changed his plan just a few hours ago announcing that they would meet for the dinner instead. Hoorain hadn't complained. Either way she was getting to see him, and she was getting to spend time with him, and this was making her happy for a reason she didn't know herself. The phone notification brought her back to her surroundings. Her lips had curled into a smile seeing the message that she had just finished reading.

"See you in an hour!"

Daniel on the other side of the hotel was finishing up with his preparation. He had opted for a casual shirt and jacket with a pair of jeans, but he still looked as if he had put great effort into getting ready for this dinner. Hoorain had become an important part of his life as someone who he really admired and respected. He never had this sort of comfort with anyone before and this was one of the several reasons why he wanted to do all he can to protect their relationship.

-----------------

She had walked down to the reception and had found him standing there doing something on his phone. Hearing the sound of her heals, he had looked up and found her walking towards him only. She was wearing a simple white pishwas with silver bangles, silver earrings and with her hair were tied in a bun. She had opted for desi wear but had done so in a manner that it didn't look too extravagant for a dinner out. His eyes were still as he tried to absorb her presence. She was looking beautiful. The words were in his mouth, but he couldn't get them out because he was too lost in staring. Hoorain looked at him and waited for him to act but he hadn't.

"Daniel!"

Calling out his name made him come back out of his own zone.

"Shall we leave?"

"Yes, yeah come. Please."

He had gestured her to take the lead and followed her out of the hotel as Daniel was going to drive them to his favourite restaurant in London.

----------------

The restaurant was located in the far end of South West London and had a quiet surrounding. It was an Italian restaurant which Daniel always visited every time he was in London. So far during his tour because of the cricket series, he hadn't had the chance to visit but because of Hoorain, he had ticked it off his list again.