20. We are one

The wedding festivities were over before any of them realised. Daniel and Hoorain temporarily moved into the apartment that Suleiman had lent to them before the wedding while Amy took the next flight back to England to prepare for Hoorain and Daniel's return. The reception was going to take place in Manchester instead of Pakistan because and Amy and Daniel expressed their wish for Hoorain's parents to come over and see their place as well. It was also a way for Daniel to officially announce his marriage to the British media.

Hoorain was amazed at the decorations that she came to see when she entered the apartment. The entrance corridor and the living room was looking nothing short of an aesthetic setting. Part of the shock was because she didn't think Daniel would go this far in the preparation for her welcome and the other half of the shock was because Daniel did in fact go so far with his preparations.

'By the way, I did this. Singlehandedly. Mom was busy with the wedding arrangements, so I get the credit for all this, just saying.'

'What's with you asking for compliments? Are you a baby?'

'I wasn't before, but from today I think I might just become one.'

Hoorain shook her head trying to hold back her laugh.

'Why is that?'

'Because I am just so happy. Like so happy.'

He had said with the wildest smile on his face. Anyone who would look at Daniel as he said it, would see a child who found his world full of happiness right there at that moment. His happiness and contentment knew no bounds.

In this sheer euphoria that he was experiencing, he walked to Hoorain and picked her up and twirled her in his arms. Now both of them were laughing and giggling and that was all one could hear in the room. Happiness had found them and for once, they weren't scared to embrace it.

-----------------

In the same city, at the very same time when Hoorain and Daniel embraced and celebrated their union, the certain someone was plotting something new. She was just informed about the news that Hoorain and Daniel got married earlier that evening and just as this has enraged her, her mind was working on something bigger.

The same wild smirk was on Bushra Begum's face which was ominous in view and dangerous in mood. Her hands were fiddling between the two pictures of two very familiar faces. It almost looked like as if she was finding her prey and wasn't quite decided on who it was going to be. The fiddling with the two pictures continued for some more moments until her phone rang and that's when her hands stopped. Not glancing at which picture her finger paused, she took the call.

'So, what's the order, ma'am?'

It was this question that prompted Bushra Begum to look towards her hands and confirm her next target. When her eyes fell on the choice her hands made, there was a sudden sense of pleasure but also pity in the smile she then posed. The picture was of Hoorain. Her rebellion and disobedience towards her grandmother always left Bushra Begum bitter for her and now her anger was at such a point that she had no ounce of love or care for her own blood.

'I am sending you her details and picture now. Be aware, now is not the time. But be prepared.'

'Noted. I will wait for your final instructions. Until then, I will plan everything that needs to be planned on time. I am sure you know these things aren't as easy to do there than they are here.'