1. Beginnings

Manchester, England

The city lights were all bright and alive. The crowds in one of the biggest cities of England had gathered for hours to celebrate the win of their cricket team, more specifically to celebrate their home player's successful innings against Australian. Most of them gathering in Deansgate were cheering on only one name: Daniel Edwards.

Twenty-two years of age and a complete enthusiast for cricket, with back to back successful performances in county cricket, he secured his place in England's National Cricket Team just last year. Not only winning the game but also winning the series against Australia tonight in Old Trafford Manchester itself, he was now celebrating the win with his teammates. The public celebration may have eased off but him and his team had just started to celebrate the precious ODI series they had just won.

He was changed in his casual wear for the party and was simply the centre of attention for a lot of people present. Clad in dark blue jeans and a black sweater with neatly jelled hair, he was serving a sight. Especially for the young women who were already flattered by his excellent sporting talent. And if all of those qualities weren't enough, his sided smile which always brought a glint in his eyes was enough to faint some more.

But he was too busy to notice all the attention he was receiving. Amidst all of the teammates who were singing around, laughing and having a time of their lives, Daniel who had done his bit was now busy on his phone replying to a text from his mother.

Yes, I will be home soon. And don't worry, I didn't get drunk. Only had one drink. Your son is responsible, mum.

He had typed the reply and sent the text and put his phone back into his pocket. He was just about to turn around when his friend patted his shoulder.

"Danny, everybody is celebrating. Come join us!"

"Nah, mate. I am done for the night. I am heading back home, really tired. But you guys carry on, it's worth it."

He shook hands with him and left. Walking through the ball room to head towards the exit door as he bid adieu to his teammates, he had a simple yet attractive presence.

As if success had already got to him.

----------------

Lahore, Pakistan

She stepped out of her room with a new determined and confident smile intact on her face and made way towards the dining room where her parents and little sister were waiting for her at the breakfast table. She was clad in black trousers with a cream shirt and a black blazer on top with her hair tied up in a neat ponytail. She came to the table and took a seat next to her little sister.

"It was just yesterday that our Hoorain was in our arms as our adorable little baby and now she is all grown up, doing wonders in the world of hosting and presenting."

Suleiman had remarked looking at his daughter with a proud smile on his face.

"Our daughter has worked so hard to get here; May Allah make it easy for her from here onwards too. Ameen."

Hoorain couldn't stop smiling with warm moist in her eyes seeing her parents so happy for her and her achievements. she had nothing but gratitude for all the support they had shown for her against all the odds.