- CHAPTER 28 -

- ROUTINE -
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hamish
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Knock knock knock

I glanced up to see Drew wheeling Bobby into the room, smiling softly.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" Bobby asked.

Worry lined his voice and I wished I could take it away. I wished my worry could be taken away - but it's not that simple.

"Only time can tell, unfortunately," I spoke apologetically and then, turning to Drew "-a word outside?" I gestured towards the door and he followed me out, leaving Bobby alone.

"Jimmy's on his way - should be about an hour or so." I spoke in a hushed tone, not wanting Bobby to hear.

"He's not going to want to leave, you know that right?"

I nodded gravely.

"He still hasn't been discharged yet but it won't be long now"

"Ultimately, it will be best for Bobby to go home, rest up, heal properly and by that time Ollie will be back at home and he can go and visit her." Drew said, looking back over his shoulder into the room. I followed his line of sight, swallowing hard.

I nodded in agreement and we went back in, finding our usual seats and waiting for something to change.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Drew
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was about two-thirty in the afternoon. Jimmy was helping a very solemn Bobby get his things together, having only just arrived. Bobby had immediately realised what it meant for him when Jimmy walked in; he'd have to go back home and leave Ollie here.

"Olivia will be back in her own home by the time you've properly healed and then you can go and visit her as much as Hamish allows you to. Sometimes we have to make sure that we're okay before we can help someone else. If not, we could make ourselves, or even others, worse. I know it's tough, but you're brave and you've got so many people here to support you, buddy." Jimmy was doing his best to cheer him up but I could clearly see that Bobby just wasn't in the right headspace.

"He's right you know." I spoke up from my position in the doorway.

I sent Jimmy a knowing look and he left the room with Bobby's discharge papers. I approached Bobby, who was sitting on the edge of his hospital bed, and I knelt down in front of him.

"It's going to be really hard to leave your best friend here, Bobs, but I've known that little cracker for a very long time and I just know she's going to pull through. I think you know that too,-" I pointed at his chest, "-in here. You know that she's going to be alright because it's Ollie. Olivia James doesn't give up."

Bobby snivelled and looked down at the floor, wiping his nose with the back of his hand.

"It's really important that you get better, Bobby. I...we all really want you to get back to your usual, healthy self. It's hard but that's life, however unfair it may seem. I'm always here for you if you ever need a chat, yeah? You're doing so well, Bobby."

Bobby nodded and slid off the bed, wrapping his arms around my neck. I hugged him back and rubbed his back in comfort.

"Thank you, Drew." He whispered.

"Anytime."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hamish
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jason had come to check on Ollie and to take Drew back home. They'd left about an hour or two later. I sort of wanted to be the only one here with my sister, however selfish that may sound.