- CHAPTER 24 -

I'M SO SORRY I DISAPPEARED FOR SO LONG!

- N O R M A L -
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hamish
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It's been a month since Bobby left to go to his new family in London; A month since my little sister has smiled. It really hurts to see her slump around from place to place, her mind constantly somewhere else. I know she cries in her room most nights. She doesn't talk to me about much any more either and it's just killing me inside. I have no idea what to do. I'm not prepared for this.

I heard her crying in her room last night and it was the final straw. I removed my ear from the door and tapped lightly with my fingertips. There was a sharp intake and I knew she was trying to hide from me. Giving the door a gentle push, I stepped in and immediately saw her feet poking out from underneath the bed. I smiled sadly, getting down on to my knees to catch a glimpse of her. As soon as she saw me she flipped her head to face in the other direction.

"Hey, Sweetpea." I breathed, wearing my most unconvincing smile.

"Go away." She spoke, her voice quiet and scratchy.

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

I reached underneath and grabbed her arm, tugging her out into the free space of her room. She burst into a fresh set of tears, digging her short nails into the back of my neck. I winced slightly: her grip has definitely become stronger with age.

"I miss him." She sniffed.

"I know."

I sat on the floor with her in my arms until the sun came up the next morning. I decided that I would have something very important to do that day and it would hopefully pull her out of this funk.

After dropping her off with Drew, I sped into town with one task in mind.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Olivia
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew didn't really know what to do with me. I'm not surprised - I haven't been the most fun person to be around lately. He was trying to get me to play snap with him but gave up shortly after realising that I was just laying down the cards without even looking at them.

He pretty much sat me on the sofa and gave me Netflix for the whole afternoon. I wasn't complaining. I'd managed to watch 'Madagascar' and 'Over the Hedge' by the time Hamish got there. He had a huge, stupid smile on his face and I knew he was planning something.

Suspicion plastered all over my face, I slowly got up to give my brother a hug. I pulled away, narrowing my eyes and staring up at him.

"What are you planning?"

I couldn't believe my eyes at what he then pulled out from behind his back.

"You got me a phone?!" I shouted incredulously.

He chuckled, showing a crooked grin.

"Check the contacts." He smiled, handing me my brand new phone. My phone!

I glanced down and opened my mouth in shock.

"How did you get his number?!" I gasped.

"I went over to Jagged Blossom." He grinned, ruffling my hair.

I launched myself into his arms, narrowly missing a collision with his face. I peppered his face with kisses, squeezing him with every ounce of strength I possessed. He laughed with force, hugging me tightly back and placing a lasting kiss on my forehead.