- CHAPTER 5 -

- H O M E ? -
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Robert
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I took my lunch to sit under the huge oak tree today. I didn't really want to sit on my own in the dining room and have the possibility of Patrick coming over to tease me about being a loser with no friends. I hadn't exactly had the chance to make any yet, had I? Especially not with him around. Hmph.

I was sitting peacefully, cross-leggèd, with a good book in my hands. I love reading; It's almost as freeing as art - I just get so lost in the words printed on the page.

I didn't notice her walk over. How could I? I was taken by the magical land of Narnia.

"Can I sit?" Her voice rang out and distracted me from the book.

I shot my head up and met her soft gaze. I smiled, instantly recognising the only person who has showed any sign of human compassion behind her big blue eyes. I made sure to shuffle over to one side, leaving her ample space to join me at the foot of the tree. She sat down next to me and I heard her inhale and exhale deeply.

"Hi, my name's Ollie."

Huh? Does she not remember me?

I was a little hurt by her lack of recognition but masked it with confusion, turning my body to face her, in the hopes that she'd recognise me.

"I know who you are." I said slowly.

She moved her body this time. We were now face on.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I'm sorry I was rude to you in science, I just love sitting alone and having my own space. I'm also sorry that I just watched what Patrick did at lunch. And I'm also really sorry that it took me this long to say anything. Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't walk from art to French with you. Please don't hate me."

I was astonished. Why did she think I would hate her? I mean, sure, it wasn't nice to go to your first class and be given the silent treatment, but she's been sending me reassuring looks all throughout the day.

"I don't hate you, Ollie." I let out with a chuckle.

"And you don't really need to say sorry either. I like my personal space too." I reassured her.

"Also, Patrick isn't your problem, I can deal with a simple bully."

I've dealt with much worse.

We returned to a comfortable silence, watching a few autumn leaves fall down.

"Bobby?" She said after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Can we be friends?"

Seriously?!

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

This was by far the best news I've had for as long as I can remember. I was so happy to finally find a decent person to be friends with. Someone in my position has great difficulty in finding proper friends. I guess that's why I don't really tell people about where I live.

It was nice to see such a bright smile spread across Ollie's face. Happiness suits her.

"Can I ask you a question?" She tentatively asked.

"Go ahead."

"What was Patrick saying to you at lunch yesterday?" She said, unsure of my reactions.

"Oh, he was just being an idiot, saying that I had no friends and stuff." I replied.

"Oh," Came her simple answer.