Finale.

"Through ups and downs, I finally have the one person who makes me whole," C.v.Z

A year and a half later.

"Are you ready, Chez?" I shook my head as I stared at myself through the wall mirror, fixing my tie for the umpteenth time. "My dad said he'll hunt you down if you get cold feet," Vivi chuckled as my maid of honor came to stand next to me, a faraway look in her eyes.

"Don't worry," I shook my head, knowing that this feeling was something utterly different than cold feet. "He doesn't have to worry." I cracked my neck, seeing a sexy beast in the mirror. This was it, the moment that I was giving up my name as Thorn wholeheartedly. "You remember when you told me that you didn't believe in love and I didn't know why then?" She leaned her head on my shoulder, smiling softly. "I know why now, but that doesn't change the fact that you're about to get married to someone you never thought you would."

That was impeccably true.

"It makes me happy to see you smiling. I already gave Joaquin the shovel talk ten times, so I'm sure," She looked up at me and it reminded me of four-year-old us. Such a long way to come, eh? "He knows how lucky he is."

But was he the lucky one? I tended to think that I was because he opened up so many doors for me, held my hand when I was afraid of taking the next step, even pushing me ahead because he knew I could do it. If it wasn't for him, I didn't think I'd be this renowned artist that I was. "Don't you start that sappy mess before we get out there," I heard a voice and I looked up to see Davina walking in, wearing a gold, pink and white dress, a white crown of flowers atop her black hair. "You look amazing," I had to give it to her, she knew how to make a crowd fall to their knees.

"I do, but you look damn gorgeous, Cheyenne," She sauntered over to me, tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around me. "My baby is getting married," She whispered to herself, a chuckle from Vivi and I filling the air. "I'm so proud," She pulled away, sniffling as she grabbed my hand. I couldn't tell if I was the bridezilla or if she was because, throughout this whole process, she went all out.

I thought Joaquin regretted his decision of letting us have full reign.

Still the ever-so diva she was. "Let's go. Someone's gotta walk you down the aisle," She smoothed down my white and gold suit, a black rose in the pocket as I beamed at her. I was starting to get jittery again as she led me out of the room, going to the doubles door of the spacious rotunda here in Palo Alto Hills. I always told myself that if I ever somehow got far enough to marriage, this would be the place.

And look at me, I did it.

"Are you ready?" I brought my attention back to my mother and the two men that were waiting to open the double doors for us motioned for us to ahead when they opened the door and I nodded, taking in deep breaths.

This was it.

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day. When the heat of a rolling wave can be turned away.

I was blown away as Davina linked our arms together once the door open. There were several paintings of Joaquin and I together along the wall with various selfies that we took just because. I stepped forward, seeing that fruit that was earned from our hard labor as the crowd stared at me, standing up. 

This was a surreal moment as we descended down the red carpet, yellow and gold ornaments hanging from the ceiling as the smell of roses permeated the air. It was decorated so beautifully and the music dipped as my eyes landed on the altar.

There stood Ambrose next to Adina's daughter, wearing a white and gold suit with his curls in a ponytail as he held a pillow of rings. I couldn't stop the tears from coming as I laid my eyes on Holly, who stood between Tara and Vivi on the altar. They looked so beautiful in their long gold gowns and I could not believe it was happening. Christine and Adina gave me a thumbs up as we continued walking down and if that wasn't enough to make me cry, the sight of Joaquin up there was.