Three.

"Just because you know of me doesn't mean you know me," C.T

The day of the gala was always hectic.

Davina ran around the house in her Giuseppe Zanotti daytime heels, trying to get the maids to understand what she wanted to wear, wondering if her earrings were already being shipped out by plane day of, yelling at her personal hairstylist because she couldn't get the curl of her bang right. Sterling always strolled in an hour before the time of the gala and just threw on something Davina picked out for him. He didn't care for it as much as he liked the world to think he did and it was evident since he struggled to give even more than 50 dollars to charities. 

Hmph.

I just spent my time on the phone with Vivi as she got her hair done in her bathroom. If Davina had it her way, I would be at a salon, getting primped and pampered from head to toe, and having someone wax every part of me. If she had it her way, I'd be out in the public, making intimate contacts with the females she had lined up down the block.

"What are you thinking, Chez?" I was brought back to the cold darkness that was reality once I heard my best friend's voice. "Oh, nothing much. Just wondering why my mother keeps screaming downstairs," I rolled my eyes, wishing that I could switch and be someone else for a day. I wouldn't want to be poor though. I'd have to struggle a lot and I didn't think I had ever experienced something like that.

I had Davina and Sterling Thorn to thank for that.

Well, mainly Sterling. Davina mooched off of him just like the rest of us. The only difference was she refused to admit it. I admitted that I use it for my benefit and because I could. 

"Are we still on for tomorrow?" She asked through the camera and I nodded, wondering what it was about this dude that she was pressing me so hard to meet him. If she liked him, as much as I liked the wealth and the class of an individual, I could do nothing to deter her away from this person. As kind as she was, she wouldn't go too low on the social scale.

"Yes, Vivienne," I replied in a casual tone. "Are you going to give me the 411 on this individual, or will I find out tomorrow?" I raised a brow and she sighed, chewing on her bottom lip on the video call. I let out a sigh, sensing her inner turmoil. She seemed to be having some conflict about me meeting this person, and I was a little wary as to why.

"I'll tell you more about him tomorrow," She finally said, pushing her red curls behind her ear. "He's bringing his best friend, so at least you'll have someone to talk to," She offered and I scowled, knowing that I didn't agree to that. "I'm not going just to talk to someone who is irrelevant to this situation. I'm going only to meet this person you're obviously having romantic feelings for," I said and she pouted, not liking my words.

"Yes, you are," She mused and I huffed. "Why's that?" I raised a brow. "Because you love me and you want the best for me," She smiled and I watched as her hairstylist began to curl the rest of her hair. "I can barely tolerate one dude below our social status," I could say that because she wasn't being confident with who he was, which let me know that it was someone who her parents wouldn't approve of. 

"Just how do you think I'm gonna deal with individuals who associate with him?" I scowled, getting hives at the thought. I was going to have to dress like a normal person tomorrow, in case anything happened. "Chez, don't say that!" She snapped and I sighed, nodding in resolution, knowing that I slightly offended her. At least she stood up for this man, so that alone tells me something.

"Fine," I concluded, hearing a knock on the door. "Come in," I grumbled, seeing my personal maid enter, carrying my suit in a garment bag. I looked at her for about three seconds, wondering if she knew the mistake she was making in my presence. I raised a brow as her knees started trembling, asking myself if I should have mercy on this person. I looked at her hands then back at her, gritting my teeth.