Thirty Four.

"You are my only certainty," -J.v.Z

I wanted to have Holly's 9th birthday party at the country club.

Not only was it meant for kids as well with a bunch of amenities, but I also figured that it'd be a good start for Joaquin to get to meet some of the people from that world that I had come to love. It'd be a good start for him and Holly and Ambrose to see a deeper side of me.

It wasn't like the rich world defined me, but in some cases, it did. It was essentially in my roots so matter what, I was still Cheyenne Thorn, the son of Davina Thorn, the matriarch of the Thorn family. I was still that person who everyone in the world desired to be but on a much humbler note.

The country club was set up with purple balloons all over, a disco ball on the ceiling, soft music playing in the air with a giant cake table sat against the wall and a mass array of gifts surrounding a birthday tree. It had Holly's name hanging from a thread in the ceiling with various pictures of her that I captured all around. I even painted a portrait of her, just because she wanted one.

She had never had a birthday party this extravagant since she was taken from Joaquin, and I planned to change that from now on. She deserved to be celebrated. "You did real good," I turned to see Christine in a blue dress walking in, carrying a giant gift bag. She had a man tailing her, probably her husband. "Hey," I greeted with a smile.

I wasn't there yet with her, but she was trying really hard so I threw her a bone every now and then, and it hasn't come back to bite me in the ass. "I'm just waiting for Joaquin and Holly to get here," I murmured, seeing Pierre welcome the vast amount of guests. "He said that she was putting on a nice dress or something, I dunno," I rolled my eyes, realizing that having two van Zante's in one household was enough for a stroke.

First of all, I somehow awakened Joaquin's insatiable libido, and he would want to have sex in the morning, before lunch, after lunch, before dinner, hell, during dinner. It was nice that he craved me just as much I craved him, but I still needed my eight hours of sleep. He was also demanding too, wanting to be held by me whenever he could.

I couldn't deny that it was adorable though.

But Holly, on the other hand, was a total diva just waiting to rip through. I loved her to pieces and she grew on me instantly, but once she got comfortable, she was just like Joaquin. Like father, like daughter. It got to the point where they deliberately fought over who got my attention. First, it was Holly and I vying for Joaquin and now, it was them two against me and I did not know what to think.

My only saving grace was Ambrose.

That sweet, sweet baby boy.

I'd take cuddles with him anytime.

Christine had walked away to go put her gift down at the table, and that was when Phillippe approached me. "Son, I haven't seen you in forever," He had such a bright smile on his face as he pulled me into a bear hug, relinquishing all his love and affection into his touch. This was the father I'd gladly ask for.

He pulled away, not saying or mentioning anything that had to with the man behind bars. I knew he was probably upset because like it or not, they were best friends. "Cordelia tells me you have quite the roommates, huh?" He smirked and I blushed, realizing that his wife probably told him all the good details that I told Vivi.

That traitor.

But it was fine because Joaquin and Phillippe got along just like I wanted. Phillippe taught him all kinds of things to help him with his construction business, now that it was kicking off. Cordelia doted on him like he was her own son, which was weird to think about, but she took to him quickly. They didn't mind that he wasn't born from money. They certainly didn't mind that their daughter took to Tomas because he managed to woo them.