Charming Conversations

Start from the beginning

As Ellie stood up to button up her jeans, she looked down at the green flannel, noticing writing on the back of it, "What the f*ck?" Ellie whispered, squinting her eyes to read the writing.

It said in black lettering, "You're mine and only mine". Ellie exasperated a long sigh, rolling her eyes hard enough to reach the back of her head, "Am I seriously missing Kat AGAIN?! No wonder I thought this f*cking shirt was nice!" Ellie said loud enough to warrant being angry.

Ellie pulled her bra and then the tank top over her head, mentally trying to figure out if she should wear that flannel, "Ellie, forget about her. She's in your past, you're no longer in love with her and you can literally imagine the person who gave you that to be literally anyone"...

With that said, Ellie stuck both arms into the sleeves, pulling it over the tank top, "Now, time to put on shoes and socks and get the f*ck out of here!" Ellie whispered, standing up and sitting on her side of the bed.

Ellie pulled a pair of clean socks out of the 3 drawer unit in her closet, before sitting back on her side of the bed.

She pulled them on, then grabbed her shoes from under the bed. Ellie pulled the tongue of both shoes out, propping her feet up and slipping both shoes on.

Ellie looked over as she was about to leave the room, seeing Cooper's favorite toy on the bed. She giggled, picking it up and tossing it up and down in her hand, "He's gonna appreciate this, I'm sure".

Ellie headed out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her. She saw Cooper staring at her from the couch, causing Ellie to laugh, "Awww, do you see your toy?" She asked, playfully waving it in front of him.

Cooper hopped down from the couch, barking and begging for the toy. Ellie threw it towards him, watching him roll around on the floor playing with it. She giggled, "Alright, I'm gonna go see my mom and Riley now. I'll be home this afternoon, buddy". Ellie said, bending down on her hands and knees to scratch behind his ears.

Ellie stood up, brushing the never ending dog hair off of her pants, "For such a small dog, you shed a lot, Coop. Whatever though, I still love you". Like always, Ellie didn't receive any sort of response from him, but he was too busy playing with his toy.

She placed her phone in her back pants pocket with her car key lanyard sticking out, "That reminds me... I've gotta call Riley and ask her where she's taking me for lunch". Ellie whispered, opening the front door and locking it as she closed it.

Ellie headed down the porch stairs to her car, pressing the 'unlock' button on her car key as she walked. Ellie opened the drivers side door, placing her phone on the USB charger like she always did.

Ellie sat on her seat, starting up the engine and pulling out of the driveway. Once she drove up to the stop sign on her street, Ellie turned on her phone. She glanced over at her phones contact list, selecting Riley's name and pressing the 'call' option.

If there was one thing that Ellie loved about her partner in crime, it was that she rarely ever had to wait for Riley to pick up the phone. If she ever did though, it was usually because she was busy.

After ringing only two times, Riley answered, "Hey, Ellie. Good morning!" Riley said, smiling from ear to ear.

Ellie giggled, "Good morning, sap! Where are we meeting for lunch? I'm going to my moms house to talk about what happened yesterday and eat breakfast".

Riley thought for a moment, long enough to come up with her and Ellie's version of a perfect idea, "Wanna go eat at the food court in the mall? I know you love that!"

That was one other thing that Ellie loved about her best friend... She understood that Ellie wasn't the kind of girl to want anything too extravagant, especially when it came to food. That was the big difference between Riley and Kat... Riley was basic and went for basically anything when it came to dates of any sort. However, Kat was all about the money. She never accepted anything cheap, which was why Ellie was glad that they broke up. Riley was right... When it came to dating, a little could go a long way... Or at least it should.