Part three - A crush?

Your first proper day at Smosh was just around the corner and you couldn't wait to start.
On the day you were at the offices you managed to be added into a few group chats one with the Smosh games crew, one with the camera men and tech guys and one with the squad.
You all joked around and had the funniest conversations, but Shayne never really joined it. It always said 'Seen by Shayne' and 'Shayne is typing...' but never an actual text.

*Your first proper day*
As you and Damien pulled up to the HQ you turned to him and asked "You're like best friends with that Shayne guy aren't you? So like what's the deal with him?"
"Um yeah we are I suppose. What do you mean?" he questioned
"Like he's really quiet and doesn't say anything on the group chat i've been added in. Is he shy? I didn't think he would be considering he's on camera all the time." you ranted
"Shayne? Quiet? Shy? That's a side of Shayne i've never met. I'll talk to him and see what's up." Damien said.
"Thanks dames."
"No problem Y/N."
You went into the offices and got straight to work, you had a lot to do and barely saw anyone.

*Shaynes POV*
I saw Y/N coming it to work with Damien this morning. Her H/C hair was tied into a low bun and framed her face so well. Courtney saw me staring at something and seemed concerned for me. "Whatcha looking at?" she asked.
"Uh um, nothing." I stuttered.
"Hm okay." she said with a confused look on her face.
I went to look back at Y/N and she had gone.
Damien soon came up to say hi and get the day started, but Y/N was no where to be seen.
"Hey man." Damien said
"Hey. You okay?" I said not to bothered about the answer.
"Yeah i'm good thanks. what about.." he nearly finished.
"Yeah great. I'm hey where'd Y/N go?" I interrupted.
"Um she went straight to her office to work?" Damien replied.
"Oh okay." I said not really hiding my disappointment.
"You alright man? Y/N told me you were being really quiet. that's not like you." Damien said.
"Um yeah i'm fine." i said laughing to hide the truth.
"Shayne, buddy you're my best friend i can tell when something is going on." The tone in Damiens voice had changed to concerned and warm.
"Well i mean..." I started.
I caught a glimpse of Y/N looking my direction through the glass wall and felt my heart race faster than ever and my face flush red.
"Its Y/N." I told him.
"Ooo!" He joked.
"I just find her so gorgeous and funny and sweet. And even thinking about her.." I said while feeling my face grow a shade darker.
"Hey man, its a totally normal thing to have a little crush. However its not normal to ignore your coworker because you like them. I think you should just speak to her! whats the worst that can happen?" Damien said.
A multitude of scenarios flew through my head making my shiver.
"Well..." I started. "I guess it wouldn't hurt?"