Ch 21: Inconvenience

Y/n's POV.

Thursday.

Last day of preparation before for the school
festival. The other Clubs were at their haste to finished their booths, and other fun activities that was assigned to them. Miyuji and the others were busy setting those huge spot lights and sound systems to the stage with the help of other students who volunteered since they won't let me do anything to assists them. They said that they wouldn't want me to force myself and my broken arm too much.

Since I am not used with this kind of special treatment, I tried to convinced, bothered and pleaded to Miyuji to let me but..in the end, I lost and do what was they told. I sat onto the instrument box near the stage, watching them without any protest. *Sigh*

Well, it's alright because there was enough manpower to finished our work in time but..my own thoughts quickly defies my expectations as I saw our club leader starts to pace back and forth wearing a distressed expression. I stood up and walk towards Miyuji with a small frown.

"Hey, Miyuji. What's wrong?".

"What the? Did we tell you to sit over there and don't even think to move any single muscle?". Miyuji said and pointed the place where was I sitting earlier.

"I know, I know. But..it can't help but to notice, is there something wrong? Why is Kiba and Gita were still up there?".

"There's something wrong about the cable wires. They were trying to fix it.". Miyuji said before her sternly gaze softens.

"Oh.".

Well, I can't really helped them if that's the case but..I know someone who can.

With my free arm, I grab my phone out from my blazer jacket and call my friend. I hope he's not busy right now.

"Who are you calling?". Miyuji asks.

"Someone who can help us.". I said and simply averted my gaze to her when I heard he picks up my call.

Me: Pilot Kanzaki to MadSci, come in MadSci.

MadSci: Oh? Pilot! What's up? *evil giggle*

Me: Would you please stop that? Your giving me goosebumps. Anywho, are you free right now?

MadSci: Well..i have a few more things to finished with. Why?

Me: We've got a problem here. It's about some malfunctioning cable wires and sound systems, can you help us?

MadSci: Of course! I'll be there before you say Quantum Physics all out loud! Haha.

Me: *Sigh* ...Thank you MadSci.

MadSci: Anything for you, Pilot. MadSci over and out!

I hang up the call and look on Miyuji who's still confused.

"You know, that's a weird name for a friend.". Miyuji commented.

"Is that so? Well..it suits to him very well though.". I said with a laugh.

Miyuji calls a quick break for everyone while waiting for my friend to arrive and lend us a hand. Within a minute or two, he shows up, along with another club member who's wearing a red scientific scouter on his right eye.

"Hello Pilot. I'm here just like I said.". My friend Kaga cheers and slightly spread his arms like a deranged scientist. "And..I have my assistant here to fastened the fixing process.".

"He? He's MadSci?.". Miyuji said, shocked to know that Kaga was the person who I was talking with earlier. "I should've have guess that earlier.".