Giyu || Let me go (angst)

Don't have much to say in this one, so enjoy!

This one will be shorter than the others.

-

-

"Shit!" You shouted as your foot slipped, sending you over the edge.

"Y/N!" Tomioka shouted, slicing the head off of the demon in front of him before diving towards the edge, getting a grip on your hand before you fell too far.

His sword fell down to the ravine below you, making a distant clanking noise as it hit the rock. The drop seemed to go down forever and a thick cloud of fog covered the bottom.

You looked below you and then looked back at Giyu, who struggled to keep himself from slipping over the edge himself.

You heard the growls of demons above, knowing full well that if he continued to hold onto you then he would be eaten alive and you would both die.

"Tomioka..." You whimpered, feeling his grip on your wrist slowly start to weaken.

"Y/N no. There's no way in hell." He groaned, tightening his grip on your wrist once again. He knew what you wanted him to do, but he wasn't going to. He didn't want to.

"You have to." You said, using your free hand to reach for your blade. You took the sword out and held it.

"Take this, please. You have to go." You said, holding your sword up to him.

"Take it, take it and go." You said, looking up at him with a smile. The smile was small, the sadness you felt clearly displayed through it.

"No, no please. Just-" He was cut off as his body slipped over the edge, he reacted quickly and used his free hand to grip onto the edge.

"Tomioka...let me go." You said softly, watching as he stared down at you with desperate eyes.

"No, just-" He stopped as he choked on a sob.

"Tomioka." This time your voice was stern. You looked up at him and smiled once again.

"Live." Was all you said before you ripped your own hand from his grasp. At the same time you flipped the sword in your hand so that you held the blade and placed the handle in the hand that once grasped yours.

"NO!" He screamed, watching as you slowly fell to the ground below. Tears poured out of his eyes as he flinched at the distant sound of your body hitting the ground as a pained scream left your mouth, echoing off the ravine walls before it went silent.

He grit his teeth as he pulled himself back up, your sword in his hand as he faced the monsters in front of him.

Tears slipped down his cheeks as he sliced the heads off of all of the demons with the blade you once wielded.

-

-

I don't have much to say here either so I guess I'll see you all in the next chapter!