What wasn't quite visible at first glance however was his glazed eyes filled with a bubbling anger that had decided to retreat after his extensive training. It made me wonder if I came at a wrong time though Itachi's words seemed to make more sense. Something must've happened if he asked of someone who he didn't even know properly to ensure that Sasuke was safe.

Sasuke didn't respond, the awkward silence making me shift uncomfortably which I tried to conceal with an unwavering stare. "Did you train till you can't speak or something?"

His onyx eyes suddenly grasped onto mine fiercely. "I only talk to people who I like. And you infuriate me to the point I want to beat you up."

I studied him for a second, my lips coiling mockingly into a smirk. "Well why don't you then?"

As suspected, despite the aptitude of fatigue clinging onto his skin in the form of sickly perspiration- he darted to his feet and pounced like he was a starved animal spotting prey after days of submerging into hunger. His eyes were dark and scintillating as he raised his fist up and sluggishly attempted to target my cheek, I swerved my body to the left- my arms still crossed- as he swung again without any sense of direction. He kept swinging and swinging and swinging whilst I dodged with ease, but the sudden rush of adrenaline and anger that had sparked from my words was what kept him going.

I dodged a knee to the chest and decided to plummet my foot onto his shin causing him to tumble to the ground. He let out a growl of frustration and struggled to regain his stability, to which he lost his balance and fell to his side once again- his glare never once leaving his face. My eyes narrowed cautiously. It would've taken more effort to knock him to the ground if he hadn't already done so himself.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted to beat me up?"

"Shut up." Sasuke snarled with hatred. "Just shut up and leave me the fuck alone. Why the hell did you even come here? To taunt me? To boast that you're stronger than me? To act like you're better than me? Well you're not. You're not fucking better than me."

"That was not my intention." I admitted honestly, slightly taken aback by his aggressiveness. I guess I was right about making an appearance at the wrong time, certainly if he was in the right state of mind he wouldn't have gotten riled up so easily. However, one thing I've noticed about him was that his anger often overrides his actions.

"Then get lost. I don't want you here, you're only some stupid bitch who acts like she's better than everyone else."

Momentarily my guard slipped and a look of hurt swept distorted my face, before I quickly squeezed my eyes closed and the hurt was gone in an instant. He was right, I am a bitch, but I don't act like I'm better than everyone else because I am lesser than them. Lesser than him. Lesser than Ms Izanagi. Lesser than Jiro. Lesser than everyone. I don't deserve happiness or friends or anything good, because I'm the one who always takes it away from people. I'm selfish.

The moment I thought about pitifully running away from my problems like I always do, Jiro's words resonated in my mind, his voice was like an annoying itch that wouldn't go away.

"I want you to promise me that you'll stop being so guarded all the time and have some fun with your teammates."

"I want to make a deal." I forced out through my clenched teeth, refusing to lash out or say anything regretful though I already regret opening my mouth to begin with.

Sasuke icily laughed, forcing himself to his feet, his hand clutching onto a fallen tree trunk. "A deal? Even after I declared how much you disgust me? Just do me a favour and leave."