[6] The Threesome.

LOUIS' POV

As I drove back to my house from the studios through the dense traffic, I couldn't fight the smile on my face brought on by what just happened a few minutes ago, and basically, how my life, my career, had just changed today.

And to top it all off, I had actually had a decent conversation with the Liam Payne in the parking lot, who also happens to be my co-star. Holy moley, my co-star.

I was still numb from that bit. Because something you've been wanting your whole life, and when you finally get it, it's kinda overwhelming, excuse you. Even more so when you get it so unexpectedly.

I didn't have much hope for getting such a huge role. In the past, I'd auditioned for roles ranging from medical dramas to kinky teen movies, but I'd always gotten an extra role with a shitty pay, or if I'd been lucky, a few lines, or a few moans.

Yeah... dark times.

Liam had seen my medical drama clips like he'd mentioned. I just hoped to God he hadn't seen the American Pie ones.

But now? Holy hell, now I had a recurring role in a hit T.V show. I was to play an important, influencial character which may or may not become a cast regular on a hit T.V show. My big break. After all these years.

And I owe it so much to my best friend.

Of course, the gay part was making me a bit uneasy, but Liam seemed like an easy going guy. He's a professional. He won't make this awkward for me as he'd so nicely told me when I's englightened him with my dilemma.

And I was in no position to complain! This role, gay guy or not, had just lifted my ass off the cold, hard ground.

I had faith in myself. And apparently the guys at Rush did see something in me, apart from my arse, mind you.

I did now how to act, thank you very much. But I don't think you need to actually learn how to act gay. You just do. Right?

I shook my head free from these thoughts as I concentrated on the road. My phone was still ringing incessantly. I rolled my eyes. Impatient peasants.

Alright, okay. I took a deep breath. I should stop worrying about my role. And hope to God it all comes naturally and I won't feel stiff and awkward and my nerves won't swallow me whole. Acting was second nature to me. Why would this role be any different?

Okay, shut up Louis! Stop over-thinking! You still have a week 'til the first day of shooting to prepare yourself.

And this was hands down the best day of my life. My best friends were ready to celebrate. So I should just do that and put my worries on the back burner for a while, yeah?

So a while later, I parked my car in front of Tesco, and brought some booze because I know the lads must be in a mood to get pissed drunk as a celebration because I sure as hell was.

As the cashier scanned my items, she suddenly glanced up at me and her eyes widened. Ooh, was she a fan? Nah. But I still hoped she was.

I gave her an uncertain smile as she squinted her eyes. "You seem familiar," she trailed off, still eyeing me as she handed me my bag.

"Must have seen me on T.V," I shrugged, and grabbed my shopping. I was never really recognized much in public. Because seriously, would you remember the guy who played the ex-boyfriend of your favorite character for one episode? No, right?

As I tossed the bag in the backseat and brought my sputtering car to life, I thought about Liam Freaking Payne's shiny Audi and how I'd just evil-eyed his car.