[3] The Audition.

LOUIS' POV

"Are you sure you don't have to poop again?" Zayn hovered around me worriedly, and I was this close to slapping him.

"For the last fucking time Zayn, no! I'm fine, alright? You're making me even more nervous than I already am, so stop," I muttered, once again self-consciously adjusting my red beanie and my fringe in front of the floor-length mirror in the living room of our apartment.

When I was finally satistied with my reflection after pep-talking myself that they'll care about my acting skills and not my appearance, I haphazardly tip-toed past piles of clothes that I'd strewn out on the carpet while getting ready for the biggest audition of my career. No pressure really.

Once again re-checking my bookbag for my script, phone, wallet and car-keys, I slinged it over my shoulder, exhaling loudly.

Alright. Okay.

I was be at Golden Sun Studios at 9 AM sharp, whose main office was in downtown L.A. And traffic was dense at any given hour in this place so I knew I had to move fast as it was 8.10 right now.

Zayn padded over to me once again, still in his fuzzy socks and galaxy patterned pjs, his hair a pink and black mess. Grabbing my shoulders, my best friend locked his doe-like caramel eyes with mine, then thrusted a glittery pink diary in my hands.

"Wha--"

"Liam Payne's autograph. I want it. Please LouLou?" Zayn jutted his bottom out, and after a few second long staring match, I sighed loudly, giving in.

Well don't blame me. If a pouting and shiny-eyed Zayn Malik was in front of you, you won't be able to refuse either.

With a sigh, I stuffed Zayn's diary in my bookbag as Zayn cheered and throttled me in a hug. "I love you so much!" Zayn then pulles back, suddenly turning serious. "And you're going to do great, okay? You're a talented actor, Lou. Don't let your nerves get to you," he said fervently and I nodded, biting my lip.

After bidding Zayn a somewhat-goodbye, I made my way to the door and was about to reach for the doorknob when a warning cry stopped me.

"BREAKFAST, TOMLINSON. DO NOT FORGET BREAKFAST!" Harry yelled from my kitchen, stumbling out of the bathroom in a hurry, clad in only his boxer briefs, that too were hanging a bit too low on his waist, making Zayn squeak and cocer his mouth with his hands to muffle his in-human sounds.

I sighed. This close. I was this close. "Yes Harry. I'm fed. Zayn force-fed me while you were asleep."

I didn't miss the way Zayn swooned when Harry shot him an approving smile and a thumbs-up.

Gay boy finally better do something when I'll leave him alone with Harry, or else.

I groaned. "Seriously, guys. I'm going for an audition. I'm not going to war," I rolled my eyes at both of my best friend's extra protectiveness this morning.

I loved them, but they were getting on my nerves right now. Especially when my nerves were so tight-knit right now. I get it, theh were nervous too, but seriously.

"Fine, fine. Sorry!" Zayn raised his hands up.

"Go get 'em, tiger!" Harry encouraged, patting my shoulder and I smiled back at both my supportive friends who will kill me if I don't get this role.

"Good luck Tommo! And remember, you'll be dead to me if you don't get this role," Zayn tagged on, smiling sweetly, rocking on his heels with his hands behind his back.

Like I said, very supportive friends.

"Thanks guys, really. You two will be fine home-alone, right?" I asked rhetorically.