[9] The Secret.

LIAM'S POV

Zooming through the dense traffic and slowly making my way towards the more posh area of the city, my mind was racing with a million and one thoughts, ranging from the first day of shooting for the new season of Rush tomorrow to the impending meeting.

Bella Kent, my ex-girlfriend of three years had been calling me non-stop since yesterday, saying that she needed to talk to me urgently, as so I had no choice but to drive up to her house since I knew very well that she would make a show out of being in and out of my house, and the stupid paparazzi always camped by my house didn't help with the situation.

I wasn't too keen on meeting Bella again, as the last time we had met at a charity auction and dinner, and didn't part on the best of terms.

Our breakup in early 2012 hadn't been mutual as well. Bella had always been too focused on her modeling career, practically ruthless in getting what she wanted, and it took me a while to figure out why she had begged me to get her a part in my show and some endorsements.

I had of course did it out of love and wanting the best for her career, and when she had made it, she had started hinting at wanting to break up with me, which led uo to us not seeing each other for almost half an year at most, and Bella almost always asking me for favors rather than wanting to spend time with me.

I had started to fall out of love with her soon enough, growing bitter towards her when I realised how we had drifted apart and because of what.

And then Bella had ended it all abruptly, disappearing to some foreign country for a year or so, working on her modeling career and that was the last I had seen her until we had clashed at the auction dinner, and then now for the unwanted visit.

Keeping my hood up and over my head, I parked my car a safe distance away and made my way towards her penthouse building. The last thing I needed was the tabloids spinning an elaborate story about how Bella and I were getting back together or something along the lines of that bullcrap.

The guard recognized me instantly, letting me in. I punched the appropriate buttons in the elevator, fiddling with the sleeves of my hoodie as I waited for the top most floor to arrive. I still had no idea what Bella would want after an year of radio silence.

She probably has more, if not just as much money than I do, but I wouldn't put it past her if she wanted to blackmail me with something or the other.

The elevator dinged as the doors prised open, and I stepped into the carpeted lobby, walking towards the penthouse door. Taking a deep breath, I rung the doorbell.

After a lot of shuffling, Bella opened the door, giving me a small smile which I didn't bother returning. She looked much more matured than before of course, with a confident air around her and much less makeup on than before, when I'd last seen her.

She awkwardly looked away when I didn't return her smile, running a hand through her pin straight strawberry blonde hair as she invited me in.

I followed behind awkwardly, my eyes only once scanning the expensive suite decorated in the modern chic aesthetic, exactly her taste of course.

She gestured to the black leather couch as she took a seat on the opposite one, and I sighed as I sat down.

"Okay, what's the big emergency that made you want to see me all of a sudden?" I asked in a bored tone.

Bella played with her hands, avoiding my eyes, and I noted that this was the first time I had ever seen her this nervous. She was always calm and collected. "You might want to just stay calm, Liam, and hear me out," she said quietly with a small scowl, and I narrowed my eyes.