[2] The Character.

LIAM'S POV

I turned down the volume of the telly as I heard my doorbell ring. Sighing, I lifted myself up from my comfy position on the leather couch and trudged to my door. And behind the door stood Natalie, her cheeks stained with mascara infused tear streaks, her blonde hair a mess and her mint green blouse crinkled.

"You--" she sobbed, pointing a manicured finger at me. I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest, leaning against the threshold of my door.

"Yes, me," I prompted in amusement, but slightly worried about the hysteric girl on my doorstep.

"You asshole! You got me pregnant!" she choked out, and I snorted.

"Sweetheart, don't try to put your carelessness on me," I said, meeting her stormy grey eyes that were glaring at me with hate. "I know my pull out game is the best, timing and all, not to brag," I said nonchalantly as Natalie fumed.

"And sure I like to have fun, but I'm nothing like the careless twit who knocked you up. Now," I waved a hand breezily. "Off you go and bother the countless other guys who you suspect impregnated you, skank," I said smoothly, shutting the door on her sputtering face.

"Damian, you asshole!" She schreeched! "It's yours!"

I smirked smugly, looking straight into the camera. "Nope, sweetheart. I always know what's mine."

"And-- CUT!" Marcus-- the director of Rush yelled, as the lighting adjusted again and people flitted onto the set to re-adjust it for the next scene.

"Just perfect Liam!" Mark called out and I grinned, flashing him a thumb's up and then giving a congratulatory smile to Jess who played Natalie.

Amelia, the makeup expert walked up to me with a smile, and touched up my makeup. My wardrobe would be the same since we had to shoot the scene with Damian and his other girlfriend again.

Damian Rush aka my character was a douchebag to put it simply. He was a  player, lived off of his dead grandfather's money and used and threw away people like trash, saying life was too short to care about the little things. He did have a soft spot for people who broke through his walls. He was a sarcastic bastard, and honestly, I loved portraying the character, and overall, the complex but intriguing character.

This role had been my big break, and this show was the one that had propelled me to fame, so yeah, Rush was basically my life.

But it irked me how people sometimes thought that I was anything like Damian Rush because I was not. That was a character I portrayed, and me, Liam Payne was an intirely different person. Sure, fame makes everyone a bit proud and cocky, its almost impossible to remain 100% down to earth like so many celebrities claim, and yeah, I'm a free bird so I like to go around.

But-- that's not the point.

"Hey, Payne! Great work, you're on a roll!" Zack, one of the co-producers greeted me and I thanked him back.

One of the techie guys offered me the renewed script, and I made my way to my chair with a can of soda, flipping through the script, revising my lines for the next scene.

We were finishing up the shooting of for the second episode of season 4 today, and started with the third episode next week. The season premiere won't be airing for a few more months though.

Hm. So in the fourth season, like in every other season, Damian was introduced to new characters who impacted his life, and a few broke through like his little sister and his current girlfriend.

And in this season, since Damian was bisexual, his sexy but unaware, new next door neighbour catches his eye, and he tries to seduce him but the guy is too stubborn. Well, this is gonna be fun.

They still hadn't informed me who they'd casted as the new character-- Logan Whitlock, but I was eager to know. I hope they cast some unknown guy and hold auditions, because this is a pretty big role and can give someone their big break.

"Aye, Liam!" I heard the familiar Irish accent and looked up from the script. I staggered in shock as I was tackled by an energetic blonde from behind, who wrapped his arms around my neck from behind.

"Nialler! I missed you!" I crowed, as I got up and bundled my best mate in a tight hug, swaying us around. He'd been gone on a business trip with a TV show, travelling for two months straight, and this was the first time in months I'd seen him again. And now Niall was finally back.

"I was a lost cause without you Irish," I tutted, and Niall cooed, patting my cheek.

"Doubt it. I saw the rating for season 3's last episode were off the charts! You were... wow," Niall said fervently and I smiled, feeling a rush of proudness.

"I thought you were coming yesterday? We need a guy's night out, just you and me," I said, shaking my head. "So much has happened."

"Bella called again, eh?" Niall pursed his lips and I nodded with a frown. Bella Kent, the now famous model who was my ex girlfriend.

Niall clasped my shoulder. "Okay. I just met you after so long, don't start with the depressing stuff!" Niall waved a hand.

"Okay," I laughed, nodding in agreement.

"So, how's this season going?" Niall nudged me, and I smiled.

"Just great! The ratings were amazing like you said so, and honestly Ni, I'm enjoying this so much," I said truthfully.

"I'm glad. You always did enjoy acting," he put in with a chuckle. "Oh!" Niall then grinned, almost jumping with excitement.

"Did I tell ya that you're gonna be hosting the auditions for the new neighbour role? They want a newbie this time."

"What are you saying, Nialler?" I asked my best friend slash my manager, passing an arm around his shoulder.

Niall leaned his head against my shoulder, nuzzling his blonde head in my neck. Yep. Niall and I didn't know and didn't care what the word professional meant. He was my best friend ever since middle school, and I was pretty sure he was my soulmate, without the romantic aspect of course. He knew me inside and out, and I knew him likewise.

"I'm sayin' that Will wants you to conduct the auditions with him this time, dunno why," Niall shrugged, then squeaked as his eyes zeroed on the refreshments table, unwillingly dragging me along with him.

"The guys always put up with the auditions themselves, why do they want me now?" I asked with a slight frown.

Niall swallowed the bite of cupcake, wiping the frosting off his mouth. "You are the main guy in this show aren't ya? They never asked because you were never interested before. But in this role, you've been showing interest, I said this in front of Will and now he wants ya to sit next to him," Niall explained and I nodded, somewhat excited.

"Sure, this is going to be fun," I smirked because I hope they find a good actor and give someone their big break as this is a massive role, and also because it's really amusing seeing Will embarrass people to the point of making them cry.

--------

Wattpad cut off half of this chappie so I had to rewrite it :/

Nialler is here! <3

LiLo meet in the next chapter! :D

Quesstion! Who do you guys want as 2nd side ship (first being Zarry? Nashton or Nosh? Or should Niall be straight? xD

~ramie x