[12] The Visit.

(a/n: a lot of sweet daddy liam feels in this one dww)

LIAM'S POV

The past few days of shooting had gone by in a blur. Well that wasn't entirely true, given the fact that I actually enjoyed my job and shooting for this season of my show was by far seeming like the most exciting one.

Everyone, from the director to the set managers were buzzing for this season, determined to do even better after last season's rave reviews. Sure, it had been the same course of action for the past seasons as well, but this year round, it was somewhat different, be it the new cast or the amped up script with new script writers in the panel like Sadie, bless that woman.

And speaking of new additions to the cast, I was surprised at how well Louis had done on the first day. He was a nervous mess before, and right when the cameras were pointed, it was like a switch had been flipped and he was a natural, imoressing everyone without even knowing it. And unlike I had initially thought, it had been really easy to work with him, and I was glad he seemed like a down-to-earth guy, not to mention had a killer sense of humor that lightened up the working atmosphere.

I laughed as I remembered how much he was blushing through the first ever scene we had to shoot. It was amusing really, seeing a new actor again, as I was reminded of my very days. I looked forward to working with Louis and maybe seeing those friends of his again. Come to think of it, I almost always get along with my co-stars... Well, most of the time.

And because of my hectic schedule, like I had initially wanted to, I hadn't gotten a chance to just jump into the first plane to New Jersey to see my daughter. My schedule was cramped to the brim, and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't find the time. And I just couldn't settle for an hour long trip either. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her.

I sipped at my coffee, clicking the purchase button as I finally booked a ticket for myself to New Jersey.

Because Niall, just last night had informed me that my schedule was clear for a few days and he too knew what that meant. When I'd told Niall about what Bella had wanted to meet me about, he had cursed at her for a good few minutes, finally calming down and hugging the hell out of me while congratulating me, and then proceeding to jump up and down in his spot because he was an uncle now and was going to spoil the child rotten once he gets to meet her.

Of course I knew Niall would be happy, almost as happy as I was. He insisted he'd come with me when I went to meet Casey, but I refused, because I wanted to do this myself for the first time and Niall gladly understood.

And so I had to leave in less than nine hours. I would see my daughter in less than nine hours. It still hadn't settled in, oh God. I was more anxiously excited that I had ever been for anything in a long time. I couldn't even sleep.

Instead I laid awake, stalking Bella's older sister Bridget's facebook account for pictures of Casey but I found none.

I finally went to sleep, and first thing in the morning, I made the call.

I thanked my lucky stars that I still had Bridget's phone number that Bella had once texted me when we were visiting her sister and I needed to ask for the address to her house.

I sat up on my bed, biting on my thumb as the dial tone started up.

"Liam?"

"Uh, yeah hi Bridget. How are you?" I asked politely.

"Oh.. I'm good, yeah. And you?"

"Yeah.. I'm there. So uh, did your sister tell you?"

Bridget sighed down the line. "I swear if you had called me a few days ago I would have cussed you out. That idiot sister of mine just told me everyrhing yesterday and I might or might not have slapped her!" She said in disbelief.