19.3: Headphones | Luke

Luke woke up to find himself sitting on a chair in the balcony. He slowly dozed off to sleep while looking at the picturesque view of the mountains. Shocked by the turn of events and knowing that ARMOR is looking for Avery scared him. What future awaits Avery on the line? What will happen when she finds her dad and come face to face with him?

He was clearly overthinking. What bothered him most is: What if Avery's dad ordered ARMOR to bring her to him so he can eliminate the threat to their group?

Luke shrugged. His thoughts are getting too far-fetched. He looked at his watch. It was 7 in the evening. He went back to his room and saw Avery sleeping on the bed. Dino was lying on the couch, his eyes closed.

Where is Colbie?

The light in the shower room was on and he heard water splashing inside. Colbie must be taking a bath.

Luke walked out of his room and sauntered to the living room. He saw Colbie's headphones lying on the couch. He got curious. What kind of music was she into? He reached out for Colbie's headphones and put it on his head. His heartbeat stopped to hear a man's voice on the other line.

"Agent Stone? Can you hear me? Please report to me now!"

"Agent Stone? Is Avery Collins alright?"

"Agent Stone? What are you doing?"

"Agent Stone? Answer me right now. I'll tell you what to do next."

Luke gasped. It's not music Colbie is listening to afterall.

Rather, a set of commands.

For a spy.

Luke quickly ran back to his room and woke Avery. "What is it Luke?" she asked.

"There's something you need to hear," Luke said as he placed the headphones on Avery's head. It shocked Avery to the point that she threw the gadget on the couch and Dino woke to hear her scream.

"Hey? What's going on?" Dino asked. He picked up the headphones on his feet. "And this is Colbie's headphones. Why did you threw it on me?"

Before anyone could answer, Colbie walked out of the shower room wearing the clothes Avery bought for her. Avery stood up, walked in a hurried fashion at the unaware girl and banged her fist on Colbie's face. "Oh my God!" Colbie exclaimed. Avery grabbed the collar of her new blouse and pushed her on the chair. Luke tied Colbie's arms and legs using an extension wire. Dino only watched them in shock.

"What's the meaning of this?" Colbie yelled, wriggling her arms and legs. "I just took a shower and when I get out, waa! You punched my pretty face and tied me on this stupid chair?"

Dino cleared his throat. He held Colbie's headphones up in the air for her to see. "How can a set of commands be music for a 17 year old?"

"H-hey, I can explain. I mean, l-let me explain! I know this would happen!" Colbie yelled to the edge of her throat.

Avery cupped her chin. "You're a spy, aren't you? A spy dressed in teenage clothes? A spy of ARMOR meant to keep an eye on me? What the hell."

**