4.2: See You | Avery

I decided to spend some time in a café. I'm drained emotionally; I don't feel like getting home early. I turned to a curb and my eyes caught a dark, hooded figure looming behind me. It quickly hid behind a car.

What the. I'm being followed. Who is this scumbag that's trying to scare me?

I continued to walk towards the café, this time, faster. I began to run and the scumbag who followed me ran as well. When I stepped into an isolated road, I came to a halt with haste and slipped my bag from my back. I threw it on the person who had been tailing me.

"Aw!" the person grunted as he lost balance from the surprise attack and stumbled on the concrete road. I inched closer, sat on top of him and grabbed his collar. I pulled down his hood and was surprised to find out who this creep was.

"Rob?"

Rob gave me a hello-you-got-me-I'mma-loser smile. "A-Avery Lavigne."

"What the hell Rob! You almost killed me!" I rudely pushed him off the ground and stood up. "Why did you do it?"

"Because," Rob paused, dusting off his jeans as he slowly stood up to my level. "I wanted to protect you."

"Protect me? Why would you?"

"C'mon Avery. I've known your not so pleasant past. I also knew that your dad is part of a terrorist group. Now, do you expect me to stay cool?"

I took a deep breath. I understood Rob's concern for me but he's being over-protective. Yes, my dad is a terrorist but does ARMOR knew he had a daughter? Will they chase after me if they found out? My dad left me long ago and in those years, I had lived in peace. Other than the man who made a surprise visit in our house in Sacramento to stain my once clean hands, never did someone threaten my life again.

"Rob, I understand your concern but you still don't know a lot of things about me. For you to know, I used to kick bad people's ass."

"What? You lick people's ass?" Rob laughed.

"Callate! I had punched men. Kicked their balls. Slashed their throats. I had stabbed their eyes," I said and Rob saw something in my eyes that he never saw before. His blood ran cold seeing me like this. His dread intensified when I closed the gap between us, cupping his face. "I kill them."

"Stop," Rob reacted, turning his head to the side.

"What, you're scared? You still don't know a lot of things about me Rob, before your dad picked me up. So don't ever think of tailing me again because I knew how to protect myself!" I turned to leave Rob but he grabbed me by the arm and spun me around.

"I'm sorry if I made you upset. I don't intend to rob you off your privacy outside home but do you wanna know the truth why I did this? It's because I love you," Rob said without pauses. He took a deep breath and continued, "I love you Avery. With this, I mean not as a twin, not as a sister but as someone I long wanted to kiss and hold each time of my life."

I was surprised of Rob's confession. So he's got feelings for me? What the, I could kiss this handsome guy right now. I felt embarrassed of my flirty thoughts that I almost didn't notice Rob's passionate gaze. He leaned over and pressed his lips against mine.

"Rob," I uttered, pulling away from the kiss. "You know we can't love each other this way."

Rob sighed. "I know. But please consider my feelings."

"Okay Rob. Now, let's go home," I said. Before Rob could answer, someone emerged behind him and slashed his throat with a knife. "Rob!" I screamed in shock. Rob stumbled on the ground as he held his throat where blood gushed in huge amounts. I clutched him in my lap, unsure of what to do when I heard Rob choke out, "I-I love y-you."