13: Tool | Corinne

Current Time: Thursday, 17:30 EST
Current Location: Unknown

A man sat on a chair in a dark room. He was smoking Phillip Morris; a bottle of Budweiser in one hand. He took another swig from the bottle and was furious to find it empty. "Son of a b*tch!" He threw the beer into the wall, making a crack sound as it shattered to pieces.

"You think beer can erase your problems?" Someone asked from behind. The lights went on, revealing a beautiful woman who wore a black and white dress. The outfit emphasized her perfect curves and porcelain skin. The woman, who seemed to be in her early 30's looked sophisticated although she didn't apply make-up on her face.

"You're late."

The woman walked over to the man and sat on the couch across him. "Give me orders and I'll do it in a blink."

"Kill the President."

"That, I can't do."

The man laughed hearing her rebuff. "Don't tell me you've fallen for him, Corinne?"

The woman named Corinne grinned. "Ofcourse not, my dear. I'm just saving the best for last."

The man puffed out smoke from his cigarette. "Good."

The room grew quiet for a while; anyone would literally hear a pin drop.

"Now, what?" Corinne asked, breaking the silence.

"That Jacob Collins betrayed us by sending a letter to the White House using our name. He almost revealed our motives and plan! It's in the news. Dammit, media!" The man yelled, clenching his fists. Through the years, ARMOR devised a plan with the presence of ARMORs key people. Jacob Collins was once a Colonel so he knew the plan from scratch to perfection.

Corinne suddenly felt edgy sensing the change of atmosphere. "I know, but -"
"He's a threat to us! You don't know what he'll reveal next if we don't kill him any sooner! And you not finding him is not helping!" He threw the cigarette on the floor and stomped on it with his shoe.

"We can't find him!" Corinne countered. "We already searched almost every corner of America but he knew how to hide like he's got some magic!"

"Then send some more men! Don't make me lose my mind, Corinne. You're lucky your role is just sitting inside the White House all day."

Corinne suddenly felt her heart burn. Her tears fell one by one. "Do you think I love it? Being caged inside a regal place when all I think about is revenge? I'm going crazy, waiting for nothing. I think my passing away ceremony would commence before I even have the chance to taste victory," she said, her voice rugged.

The man got up on his seat and scooped Corinne in his arms. He kissed her hard until both of them ran out of breath. "Calm down, okay? We'll avenge your mom soon and reap my benefit as well."

Corinne sighed, closing her eyes in exhaustion. She saw a thin, frail girl in a garden, grinning widely as she handed her mom a bunch of peonies. Her mom pulled her in for a tight hug and the girl felt pure bliss. Until one day, the girl's smiling face turned into a frown. She cried in sorrow, holding the lifeless body of her mom lying on the hospital bed. The girl lived alone since. She still smiled, but only a fake one. The world has taken much of her joy, and the devil inside began to consume her all at once.

Corinne opened her eyes. She remembered that when Jacob Collins turned his back on ARMOR, Niro sent a man to kill him. However, the man reported that Jacob Collins was gone and found a little girl in his house instead. Only then did they found out that Jacob Collins has a daughter. "Kill her at once," Niro commanded. However, they never heard of the ARMOR disciple they sent again, so they sent 3 more ARMOR disciples straight to Jacob's house on that same day and found the corpse of the first man they sent. He ended up dead in a room with one eye stabbed with knife and took a bullet straight to his chest. A few years later, they found Jacob's daughter again living with the Sandlers in San Francisco. The night before they bombed the city, five ARMOR members were sent to get her. Four of them went straight to the Sandler's mansion and one preferred to work alone. When the girl wasn't found in the house, the Sandlers couple was asked where she was. The couple said they didn't know so ARMOR killed them. On the other hand, the lone ARMOR disciple reported that he had found Jacob's daughter on the street. Nevertheless, he ended up dead, his neck severed. Based on the results, they concluded that Jacob's daughter possessed strength that is beyond any of the ARMOR disciples. The following day, ARMOR decided to bomb San Francisco to be 100% sure they killed the girl but a spy reported seeing her driving a car out of town. She's still alive; a skilled escaper like an agent.

"Cranky Nolan; your anger and fright were too high that you failed to grasp one thing," Corinne said, grinning.

"What is it?"

"Jacob's daughter can be a tool."

**

That's ARMOR for you guys. The first lady of USA isn't as innocent as you think.

Let me know what you think my dear readers. I'd love to hear from you.

[ VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE ]