1:4

<><><>Adelaide's POV<><><>

"Gale and Adelaide."

You can  hear a pin drop in the room. Those words were enough to make my stomach drop to my feet, and my heart race like a jackrabbit at the same time.

I can feel everybody's eyes on Gale and I. I glance over at Gale, to see him studying his desk, fists clenched and brows furrowed.

Mrs Stewart must've noticed the uncomfortable silence, because she cleared her throat, shuffled around some papers and looked up at the class, her thin mouth in a straight line. "Don't worry," she says, and I look up towards her, a slight blush still tingling on my cheeks, "you wont have to do the kissing parts. Unless?" She quirks up an eyebrow, and I feel my face ignite. The class giggles, and Mrs Stewart raises a hand to silence them.

I flick my eyes over to Gale. He's in the same position, but he's bobbing his leg anxiously. I could tell he wanted to get out of this class, and soon. I couldn't agree more.

By the end of the class, Mrs Stewart tells us that we will start working on our project tomorrow. She hands us the scripts to the plays we were assigned and we head out.

I clutch my script, cursing in for the awkwardness and embarrassment it had caused.

Suddenly, I feel a tug on my arm. I whip around, surprised, when I meet the startling green eyes that belonged to Gale.

He dons a scowl on his face, his eyes dancing with anger. "Don't think for one second that we'll get along because of this project," his grip tightens around my arm and I wince, "because that will never happen." He growls.

My stomach hurts. "I get what I did was horrible, but you need to forgive and forget." No, you don't mean that.

Gale flinches and whips around, eyes ablaze. "You know what? I am sick and tired of you acting like what you did wasn't wrong. This is why I hate you, Adelaide Tea, and I will do everything in my power to make you realize that." With that, Gale whips back around and storms off.

I feel like throwing up, my heart hurts so much. He thinks I don't tear myself apart at night over what I did only to barely piece myself together in the morning?

I wipe hastily at the tears that drizzled down my cheek unknowingly, and headed off to my next class, regret clouding my mind.

You deserve this.
---
(A/N) Sorry that the story is moving so slowly, but I promise it will be worth it! Please stick around :)

Have a beautiful day!