Shreyas Iyer.

Shristi's POV

As I slugged to my apartment door, I found a bag and a note in it. I bent down and picked it up and found a box of chocolates.

I noticed you really like them so I brought them. Take it as a welcoming gift

- Shreyas

I smiled as i read the note. He's being such a sweet boy but I wonder why?!

Ahhh, I'm overthinking again!

I unlocked my door and got inside dropping the bags on the couch. I looked over to the clock at it 7pm.

Today was such a tiring day, I left the house at 8 in the morning and I had to analyze alot of stuff for my company's new launch.

I quickly took a cold shower and made myself comfortable in some sweats and a baggy t-shirt.

I put on Netflix and started to eat the chocolates Shreyas gave. Half way through the movie, the chocolates were over.

Damn, I eat so fast.

Just then the doorbell rang making me groan. I was in no mood to stand up, this position is so comfy.

I got up and opened the door to see Shreyas holding 2 bags. I put a question mark face asking him what happened.

" I thought I'd be better to have dinner together rather than being alone? " he answered shyly

Okay... But why

" The food is hot, if I stand out like this it's gonna get cold " he snapped me out of my thoughts

I opened the door wider to let him in. He made his way to the table, placing the bags. He proceeded to the kitchen getting the plates out.

I agree, this is not the first time we're doing this kinda thing but today felt different. I've known this boy for 4 months now and though we don't talk everyday, he does things for me.

I was glued to the ground thinking of what's happening. I mean, does it look like I'm charity?

I appreciate him doing all this but I wonder why? 

" The food is on the plate, come on! " he dragged me to the table

I quietly sat on the table staring at my plate still wondering. I actually never gave a thought about it. Tbh, I never like it when someone does things for me. I love being independent. I want to do everything by myself.

But when Shreyas helps me, I have never denied. No matter what it was, my heart was willingly accepting it.

Now I just wonder why?

" Hey, are you okay?" he questioned as soon as he looked over to me

" Why? " the words slipped out of my mouth

" huh? " his eyes were now fixed on me as he was suspicious of what's going on

" I mean why are you doing all this? Helping me? " I asked placing my hands on the table

" What do you mean? I'm just being a good neighbor! " he exclaimed

" But why? What did I do to get treated like a princess " I muttered findling with my fingers

" It's what you deserve Shristi " he gave me a pleasing smile

I looked up at his face and his eyes spoke nothing but the truth. They were sparkling indicating that he is doing it willingly and not sympathetically.

" Thank you " I whispered sheepishly

" I like you " he spoke out of the blue taking my hand in his

" what?...." I trailed as I looked over to him

" I said, I like you. I really like you Shristi " he firmly pressed my hands reassuring of what he said.

My heart fluttered when he said my name. The feeling was strange but not weird. My heart was beating loud like a bass drum and I knew what it was saying.

I never thought that I'd like someone whom I haven't even thought about. I never noticed how happy I was around him.

Even though if it is me asking him for someone sugar or him helping me arrange my desk.

" You don't have to answer m-" he started speaking as he loosen his grip on my hands

" I like you too! " I held his hands tight

How could I let this moment go when this was a secret within me which I wanted.

And anyways, I've never denied Shreyas.

I got up and walked over to him, I pulled him up on his feet and hugged him.

I could feel how shocked he was but when he put his arms around me, I felt the warmness of love.

" I really really really like you Shristi " he stroked my hair softly

" I really really really like you too, Shreyas " I looked up at him placing a small kiss on his lips

---

Thank you so much for requesting shrishhhhh !! I hope you liked it.

Requests are open( just pm me)

- R