Hardik Pandya.

Hardik's POV

" Hardik! Hardik! " I heard a girl's voice screaming as I entered the dressing room

I glanced back to look at a fair , mahgony haired girl. And the most attractive thing was her eyes were blue.

A sudden urgency occurred which made me walk to her. I was now standing right in front of her.

" Hardik, one autograph please?" She asked in her melodic tone

I nodded signing on her cap.

" Thank you, best of luck for the bowling" she smiled

" Welcome,uhh- thank you for the wish" I replied

" Wait here, for 15 mins? I'll catch you up after match " I asked

She happily nodded making me smile too. I ran to the dressing room grabbing a bottle of cold water. The smile just didn't leave my face.

" Whipped Youngsters" Rohit spoke loud enough for everyone to hear

" That was you once " I replied and the room busted out in laughter.

After the 15mins break, we all got down on the field. As easy as it was to win the Toss, it was hard to win the match. We were playing against the best. KXIP

They had an amazing lining of great batsmen. Our Yorkers were converted into sixes and the target 196 just seemed irrelevant in front of them.

They are already 56-0 in 6.3 , every ball that Mayank was bowling now was under pressure.

As Mayank delivered his last ball of the innings, it flew high in the air and at a sudden moment it came down in a great spead landing in my hands.

I stood there amazed still starstruck by the fact that I took Chris Gayle's catch.

The very next over which Krunal bowled , picked up removed Ashwin and Finch. With Rahul considing some runs. The Punjabi's were still on a good momentum. 71-3 in 8

Rohit handed me the ball with responsibility. I was nervous on bowling to Rahul as he has already smashed enough of bowlers to target me now.

As I bowlers the first delivery it went to wide. My mind was suddenly much more in pressure. I looked up in the stands running my hands through my hair. I spotted the girl whom I told to wait , she was sitting their with her eyes not moving from the ground and fingers crossed. I shut my eyes and opened them again with a new motive. The Knuckle ball.

I haven't been a specialist in it but I practiced it a several times in the nets. I bowled the knuckle ball and it hit the stumps enlighting the red lights.

Rahul walked back with a dimensing look on his face. I patted his back praising him for his 48(27).

I finished the over dismissing Mayank And Karun also. I conceded only 2 runs in that over.

×××

The match was over and Mumbai won by 46 runs. The bowling unit was quite impressive today. Wickets fell down a bit quick after Rahul's dismissal.

I was handed the Purple cap for my 17 wickets so far in the tournament.

As soon as I got the cap I walked to the dressing room. I saw the girl standing there with her phone. I secretly informed the guards to bring her aside.

After 10 mins, the girl was brought in the security room where I was.

The girl crashed onto me. I embraced her in my arms, soothing her hair.