Hate

There's a slight trigger warning, someone has an anxiety attack, so if you're not comfortable reading that, I suggest skipping that part.

Charli's POV

I woke up the next morning with my back burning. I had slept on my back again and that did not help my sunburn situation. Avani, being the mom goddess she is, told me to rest and wear clothes that covered my whole body. But my closet begged to differ.

I walked over to Chase's bed. He was awake on his phone and I don't think he realized that I was awake. "Hi," I said softly. He rolled over surprised.

"Hey," Chase replied. Chase pulled me onto the bed and wrapped an arm all the way around my body. I clenched my teeth when his cool hand hit my back.

"Oh sorry," he said pulling his hand off my sunburnt body. I smiled.

"I was talking to Avani and she said to wear a shirt that covered up my whole backside and was loose.....but you've seen my closet," I laughed. Chase smiled.

He walked over to his closet and pulled out an extremely oversized t shirt and handed it to me. I slipped it over my head. Just for fun, I wrapped the cloth around my skinny body to see how big it actually was. After I finished clumping the shirt in my hands, I saw Chase laughing at how big the shirt was.

"Jeez Chase, this wouldn't even fit you," I laughed. He chuckled.

"I think my dad wished I had a little more muscle," he said gesturing to his skinny body. I smiled.

"Avani also said to 'lay low' so I was thinking we could relax by the pool after I make some oatmeal," I offered.

"Perfect," Chase replied. He left the room to go set chairs up for us outside. I was about to leave the room when I heard a ding come from my phone. I walked back over to Chase's bed where I left it and looked at the message.

Unknown number

Hey there boo.

U kno me, but
not in person.

I just wanted to let
u know, that if u
dont leave my mans
alone imma come after u

Trust me, ik where the
Hype house is.

Dont doubt me.

Toodles.

I stared at the messages as they kept coming through one by one. I had no clue who this person was. Or how they got my number. I hesitantly deleted the messages trying to forget it. I put my phone down staring at it as I walked away.

I hopped down the stairs trying to act like something that didn't scare the sh*t out of me just happened. I walked into the kitchen to find the instapot and all of the oatmeal ingredients out.

Here you go, silly.
Love,
Chase

I smiled at the gesture. I quickly made the oatmeal and scooped it into two bowls and placing fresh fruit on the top. Before I went outside to give it to Chase, I walked into the movie room.

"I made oatmeal if anyone wants some," I said to my friends.

"Yes! It's so good to have you back," Thomas laughed jumping up from his beanbag racing into the kitchen. I let out a chuckle as I slid the slider door open to go to the pool.