Was It Really Meant To Be?

Charli's POV

I woke up to the sun streaking through the blinds. I cover my eyes. I look around the room, expecting Dixie to be there, then I remember I moved into Chase's room.

I look over at his body. He's sprawled out on his bed, with no top on. I walk over and lay next to him. I gently stroke his hair, causing his breaths to get softer.

I hear a ding from a phone. I turn mine on, thinking it's my own. I look at my wallpaper, there's no new notifications. I look over at Chase's.

6 missed calls from Cynthia

I recognize that name....that's his ex girlfriend. I look at him in shock.

Should I open it? I ask myself. At first I think I shouldn't because it's an invasion of his privacy and it's not my place.

What if he's cheating on you?! My inner voice screams. I pick up the phone try the password.

5404. It works. (That's my baby's birthday btw)

I go to iMessage and look at Cynthia's texts. Turns out she's been texting him for a week now, although he had never replied, it still bothered me.

Cynthia

December 19, 2019
Hi chase
I miss u
Answer me
Who's charli?
She's so ugly

December 30, today
Why dont u answer me
I used to be ur gf
Chase
I will expose u
Answer me.
Charli's ugly
Why r u dating her.
I'm better.
Chase?

"Charli?" I hear Chase ask. He looks at me. "Why do you have my phone?" I sigh.

"I saw a text from Cynthia and I got worried. But I was being stupid sorry," I apologized.

"She's still texting me?" Chase asks in an annoyed voice.

"She's only texted you twice," I say.

"No I just deleted it. I tried to block her, but that didn't work. Can I have my phone?" Chase snapped.

"Wait you've been texting her for how long?" I ask, sitting up straight.

"Charli, it doesn't matter. I texted her before we were dating. Don't turn this into a thing," he sighs.

"Fine, I have to go," I say getting up. I feel Chase's hand grip my wrist. I pull it off and leave.

I find Dixie, Bryce, Griffin, Addison, Avani and Anthony all in the movie room. I slump down next to Dixie.

"I have a question," I say. They all look at me.

"How long were Cynthia and Chase dating?" I ask. Bryce looks at me.

"Two years, why?" He asks.

I explain the story to them. "Yeah, they were pretty serious. She randomly texts all of us so dont be worried. He did text her after they broke up because he missed her," Bryce assured me.

"Why'd they break up?" I ask.

Bryce looks at Anthony, "There were rumors going around that he cheated on her. Cynthia believed them, so she broke up with him. No one knows if it's true of course, but yeah," Bryce said. He shoved a strip of bacon in his mouth.