Confrontation (5)

"Well, I told him- I-I didn't mean it literally- I was- It was supposed to be a figure of speech," Bon-Bon panicked, shaking his hands around wildly. "I--"

"Bon-Bon quit with the yappin' and tell us what's wrong," Foxy snapped, tapping his foot impatiently.

"What's with all the screaming?" Freddy poked his head out of the Breaker Room.

"You seem unusually happy all of a sudden," Foxy commented, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Why wouldn't I be happy?" he chuckled, stepping out beside Bon-Bon.

"Because of- . . . (Y/N)," Baby replied hesitantly.

"Who?" Freddy tilted his head in confusion.

"That!" Bon-Bon blurted, pointing his finger at him.

"Oh, ha ha. Very funny, Freddy," Foxy sneered, glaring at him.

"Hush, Foxy. It could just be a coping mechanism," Ballora pointed out quietly.

"It was supposed to be, but- . . . His thoughts are the exact same thing. Either he's a really good actor, or--" Bon-Bon stopped himself, biting his tongue.

"You said you told him something. What did you tell him, Bon-Bon?" Ballora inquired.

"I told him to forget about her," Bon-Bon told her and the others hastily.

"Why would you tell him that?" Baby retorted, squinting.

"Looks like you got your wish, then."

"No, that's not- Like I said, I didn't mean it literally. I wanted him to take it figuratively."

"Shouldn't you be able to make him remember? You two do share memories, yes?" Ballora suggested, tilting her head sympathetically.

"We do, but I don't kn- . . . If (Y/N) ever comes back, I don't want her to blame me for making him forget," Bon-Bon muttered, lowering his head.

"Aw, cheer up, buddy!" Freddy exclaimed, wrapping his arm around Bon-Bon's shoulders.

"Maybe we can remind him. If he goes outside, maybe he'll remember who allowed us to do that," Foxy considered, pointing up.

"Hopefully," Bon-Bon mumbled to himself.

"I'll head up first," Baby offered, stepping up onto Ballora's stage and on her podium.

She looked up, waiting for a few seconds. She hummed, looking down, then shifted into her animatronic form. She waited again, but grunted when nothing happened.

"Is it not working?" Ballora asked as Baby changed back into a human.

"It's not. I don't--"

"Why?"

"If I knew that, Foxy, I'd be able to fix it and go up."

"And if it was something that you couldn't fix." Foxy folded his arms and glared at her.

"I doubt--"

"Why don't we use the elevator instead?" Ballora interrupted the argument.

"I'm- . . . I can't control it. I have no control over anything. I can't do anything," Baby started to panic.

"It's okay." Ballora comforted her, putting a hand on her back.

"Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some light-hearted banter. Due to the--"

"Who's Hand-Unit talking to?" Bon-Bon scratched his head.

"(Y/N)?" Foxy blurted, internally praying.