The First Chapter

Yes, I'm aware this chapter is very wordy. It's meant to be. This was published on April Fool's Day, as a teaser. You don't have to read it, as most of it will be summarized in the actual first chapter: 'Old Friends (1)'. If you want to read it, though, I've done the favor of separating it into parts. Also, the photo above--if you can see it--was the cover for April Fool's Day

Day/Part 1

You grunted, moving the balloon barrel into its spot. When it was in place, you let out a heavy sigh, stepping back.

Helpy waddled past you to stand next to the barrel. He was a miniature animatronic that--as his name implied--was given to help you with managing things. He looked to the barrel, bouncing slightly.

"You can take one, Helpy," you assured him.

He reached up and grabbed the red one. The sound of airhorns emanated from him as he held it up above him. Your eyes widened in surprise as you glanced over to James.

"What was that?" he wondered.

"Pfft, I don't know," you chuckled, watching as Helpy released the balloon and it rose to the ceiling.

Helpy held up a tablet to you. There was a blue box labeled 'Faz-Rating.' It had a picture of Helpy to the left and a counter to the right. The counter rose up to '275.'

"Oh, nice." You nodded.

Helpy reached the tablet up to you, and you grabbed it. He looked back to the barrel and started bouncing again.

"Should we take this sponsor offer?" James wondered, looking through papers.

"We just put up advertisements for them?" you mused, putting a finger to your chin.

"Yeah. They're offering 250 dollars," he replied.

"Then, yes--definitely! Take the offer," you sputtered.

"Alright. I'll write them back, then," James muttered as he placed the paper to the side.

"We could use the money," you chuckled nervously.

"Well, we'd have more money if you hadn't gotten the colorful cups and plates. 15 dollars wasted for no reason," James huffed, brushing back his hair.

"Atmosphere! That's the reason. It's one of the things that guy said," you informed him matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, anyway--" You couldn't help but laugh at his tone--"I'll put these banners up."

You looked over to Helpy. He was still bouncing, staring at the barrel.

"Oh. Sorry, little dude. Go ahead and take another," you told him.

He grabbed the red one--though, you thought he had already grabbed that one. You heard the sounds of airhorns again and chuckled.

A balloon rose from the hole in the barrel. It inflated itself, while you watched in bewilderment. It floated up, bobbing slighty as the string extended as far as it could.

"Oh, so that's where the red balloon came from," you thought aloud, tapping your chin.

You looked down to the tablet, to see the counter rising to 575. You looked back up at Helpy as he looked back to the barrel, bouncing.

"Let's rack up those numbers, baby! Take another one of those balloons!" Helpy did as you said, grabbing the same red one as airhorns shrieked. "Don't know why you're only choosing red--must be your favourite color or something--but whatever! Grab another!"