Forget (4)

"(Y/N)?"

"Oh, jeez, Emily . . ." You kneeled over to rest your hands on your knees. "You scared the absolute crap out of me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a monster. Are you okay?" she worried, shuffling towards you and gesturing to your head.

"Yeah. You've got a strong throwing arm, though," you chuckled, rubbing the back of your head.

"What are you doing up here?" She tilted her head curiously.

"Oh, umm, I'm just- . . . just having a talk with those pesky monsters," you assured her, scratching the back of your neck nervously.

"Wait a second- . . . (Y/N)! Your pants!" Freddy blurted.

"Hm?" you hummed, looking over.

"What are you talking about?" Emily shrunk and looked around uneasily.

"They owe your dad for rent, and they haven't payed up yet this month. I have to tell them that if they don't, I'll have to ground them," you told her, putting your hands on your hips as you looked around dramatically.

"Oh." She giggled. "I'm sure they just forgot."

"Yeah, a likely story," you snickered. "I guess they're off the hook for tonight, though. I've got to get back to bed."

"Wait, (Y/N)--"

"(Y/N), your pants are on fire!" Freddy exclaimed, making you glance down.

"Will you shut up, Freddy," Foxy grunted.

"You should go on to bed as well."

"Okay," she yawned, rubbing her eye.

She walked down the stairs, out of sight. You listened for her to walk out of earshot.

"The hell are you talking about, Freddy?" you muttered, raising an eyebrow.

"He's trying to point out that you lied," Ballora replied.

"Yeah, in a stupid way," Foxy scoffed.

"Oh. Well, I had to. I couldn't tell her that I was snooping around," you grumbled poutingly.

"You didn't have to. You could've easily changed the subject," Freddy scolded you.

"Whatever."

You shuffled back and down the stairs. A yawn escaped your mouth as you stretched your arms above your head. The risk of getting caught was a good enough excuse as any to be able to go back to sleep. You could find what you were looking for when nobody else was there--and when it was brighter out.

~ ~ ~ ~

"(Y/N), wake up!" a voice called for you.

"Hm?"

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" a different voice--almost sounding like it was in your head--exclaimed.

You peeled open your eyes, groaning. You could feel the bed bouncing under somebody.

"Freddy, I think she heard her. You didn't need to yell," Foxy grumbled.

"(Y/N), I think Emily wants to play," Ballora spoke to you.

"(Y/N), come on!" the voice, which you could now recognize as Emily's, whined.

"What is it?" you croaked, lifting your head to look her way.

"You gotta get up," she gushed, pulling at your arm.

"And why's that?" you hummed, sitting up anyway.