Bastard (12)

A chill ran up your spine as a voice lurked in the shadows of the vent. "It's been a while, hasn't it."

"Afton," you growled, your hair lifting off your shoulders.

"Now," he began, starting to crawl out of the vent, "I can understand if you would despise me, but--"

"You bastard!" you roared. "I'll kill you!"

You jumped towards him, making his eyes widen. Before you could get close to him, Baby grabbed you by the throat and slammed you against the wall, holding you there.

"I can't let you do that, (Y/N)," Baby mumbled monotonously.

"Ba-aby, what-at the hell?" Foxy snapped.

Foxy pried Baby's hand away, pushing her away from you. You knelt over, coughing and rubbing your neck. He stood in front of you, blocking her from you.

"Thank you," William sighed in relief.

"Don't push it," Baby growled quietly, not bothering to look at him.

"Agh, what's with you people and my neck?" you wondered snarkily.

"Yeah-eah. You kind of-of have s-some explaining to-o-o do," Foxy added, glaring at Baby.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you hurt him, though."

"Why not?"

"Because . . . I just can't," Baby trailed off, averting her eyes from you.

"Are you on his side now? You traitor!" you raved.

"No, I'm not on his side. He's Elizabeth's father."

"Why does that matter?"

"She doesn't want me to."

". . . Wait, what? I thought Elizabeth was freed . . . when I pulled you- . . . out of yourself," you sputtered, still a bit confused as to how it had originally happened.

"I thought so too, until I heard her in the back of my head. We only trapped her further," Baby explained.

". . . Ba-aby, why didn't you-ou tell us?" Ballora mumbled sadly.

"Oh my god." You held your head as you looked down, your eyes wide. "She's been trapped this whole time?"

"I'm sorry. Everyone was just so happy. I didn't want to ruin it."

"As I was saying--" You growled and squinted as you slowly looked up at William. "I can understand if you would despise me, but I need your help."

"You need my help? You think I'd fucking help you? After what you did to me?" you boomed, your eyes narrowing.

"(Y/N), calm down," Ballora muttered, putting her hands on your shoulders.

"I-- Hmmgh!" you groaned.

You closed your eyes and pinched the bridge of your nose. William let you calm down some, and Ballora pulled her hands from you. You took in a deep breath, then exhaled it.

"What in God's name would you need my help with?" you questioned, biting your tongue.

"It's my son, Michael. He found me," William told you.

"And?" You raised an eyebrow, a blank expression on your face.

"He wants to get rid of me."

"Yeah, that makes two of us."

"And your friends here," William added, seeming to be trying to convince you.

"Alright, which corner of your ass did you pull this one from?" you jeered, making Foxy snicker. "You really trying to tell me Michael's the bad guy here?"