Chapter Six

Chapter Six
Milo
“What was that?” I snapped at Delilah.
“What? She started it.” Delilah shrugged, taking off her jacket.
“No, you started it when you started verbally attacking her about those kids.” I snapped.
“Your point? She wanted to get defensive. I don’t care that the kids are there. They aren’t our kids. However they are on our land. Which means they want to start a war.” She retorted as she began to walk.
“Where are you going?” I asked annoyed.
“I am going to warn the chief.” She called back, continuing to walk away.
“Milo lets just go find Allonia.” Lenna said, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.
  We began to walk towards the direction Allonia had been walking in when we heard voices.
  “Quincy?” Allonia asked in shock.
      “Who the hell is Quincy?” I asked Lenna.
      “An old friend.” Lenna gave me a weak smile.
      “Allonia?” The guy Quincy asked as he ran up and hugged Allonia lifting her slightly off the ground.
      They both continued to talk. Yet when he brought up being a part of the foresters it confused me because I have yet to ever see him. Especially with the fact that I knew everyone as a part of our group.
     “What are we going to do?” Damian asked.
     “We are going to follow them but stay quiet and keep our distance. They aren’t foresters.” I told them as I watched them walk away.
     “How do you know?” Lenna asked.
     “Well for one we don’t carry guns. The only time we did was when we fought against the government.” I explained to them as we began to move forward.
     “Are you sure you’re just not jealous?” Damian asked. Honestly annoying me. All I wanted to do was help Allonia in getting her brother. As well as just keeping her alive. 

     After a short while of following them they stopped at a small house, similar to the ones we use. However there were people guarding it.
     “This is bad.” Damian stated.
     “No duh.” Lenna rolled her eyes.
     “We need to find a way inside.” I said as I began to formulate some form of a plan. How could Allonia be so blind? Granted I wasn’t much help in getting her to stay. None of us were, but still. 
     “That would be a death wish.” Lenna rolled her eyes.
     “Any better ideas?” I asked her.
     “Wait till morning.” she responded.
     “Then let's get ready for a long night.” I said as I began to get comfortable by a tree.
~~~~~
1 year ago

     “Come on.” Jacob smiled as he ran past Tamia’s house.
     “Dude where are we even going?” Raphael asked as him and I chased Jacob.
     “There is a town nearby.” Jacob laughed as he continued running. Raphael and I paused for a moment and looked at each other.
     “We can’t go there.” We both tell Jacob as he just ignores us and continues to run. We continue to chase after him.
     Soon after we all reach the border of the forest and the town. There were many officers around patroling.
     “This is a dumb idea, are you sure about this Jake?” Raphael asks.
     “What’s the worst that could happen?” He just responds.
     “Death, Jacob we could all die.” I roll my eyes.
     “What are we if we do not take risks?” Jacob asks as he finds a blind spot and walks into town. Raphael and I, figuring we have no choice, follow him.

      After a while of dodging officers we wandered to an area where there weren’t many officers and sat for a bit.
     “No Lenna, I am not going.” A girl rolled her eyes.
     “Why not Lonia. It won’t be like last time.” The girl I assumed was Lenna.
     “Do you not remember what happened last time?” The girl Lonia asked.
     “It's a masquerade no one will know who is who it will be fun.” Lenna smiled removing her hair from the ponytail it was in.
     “I said no and that is final.” Lonia rolled her eyes.
     “Allonia!” Lenna whined at her friend.
     “I am not getting my hopes up again.” She shook her head.
     “I already got your outfit though.” Lenna smiled as Allonia crossed her arms.
      Anyone with eyes could tell that Allonia was going to cave, which she did.
     “Boys we are crashing a masquerade.” Jacob smiled happily.
     “Are you insane?” Raphael asked as I was still focused on the girl in front of me.
     “Maybe a little.” Jacob shrugged and walked off.
~~~~~
The following morning we watched Allonia and Quincy leave the building and headed south. Which made no sense because there were no government bases that were the way they were going.
“I thought you guys knew this guy?” Damian asked Lenna.
“I thought we did too. I just have a bad feeling about him now.” She responded as we quietly followed them.
“What all happened when you guys met?” I asked her as we tried to keep a distance.
“He came straight up to Allonia and then they went off. Some officers came in bothering Allonia and He stepped in but we thought he was dead.” She said as she fiddled with her fingers.
“Was he cuffed or did they do something else?”
“He was just cuffed and put in the car, why?”
“He has been with them. They do that to find teens that they can recruit. It’s a tactic they use to get people to willingly join.” I groaned. Allonia is in more trouble than I originally thought.
“Milo you don’t get it though she had some form of feelings towards him. When he was taken she stayed in her room and when she was at work she was quieter than usual. It’s going to be hard to get her back.”
“Then we just have to prove that he is bad news.” Damian stated as if it was simple.
“And how do you plan to do that?” I asked, glaring at him.
“We casually catch him in a lie.” Damian smiled and Lenna and I looked between each other questionable.

Short chapter but we get a look at what is going on in Milo's head a little bit. I may do it a little more often. However we shall see. How do you guys feel about the characters so far? Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. See you guys next week with an update or two.