"Mind if we have a chat?"

"...Ms. L/N?" 

-----

"Oh, it's begun!" Gabi said as the loud banging of the drums signaled the start of the speech.

"But Mr. Braun and Falco are still not back yet." Udo mentioned.

"They probably went to go meet with Miss Weber, Falco seemed pretty fond of her." Zofia suggested.

"Huh, really? If that were the case, I should have followed them. I liked Miss Weber." Udo replied.

"'Course Falco would be clingy like that, but Miss Weber was nice to talk to so I'll give him a pass."

"Miss Weber? Who's that?" Porco asked.

"She's the last lady we ran into during the festival. Apparently Falco met her before, she was really nice. She invited us to the docks too. But we can't really make it." Gabi replied.

Zeke said nothing as he listened to them converse. He glanced off to the side when Gabi mentioned the last part.

"Had second thoughts about killing them, huh kid? Was your plan to rescue them in time?" he thought.

"Oh, I just remembered." Zeke spoke, his voice was quiet against the loud banging of the drums. But those who knew him turned towards him, upon seeing his mouth move.

"Commander Magath wanted to meet with us," he added, looking towards Porco and Pieck.

"Right now?" Porco asked.

"Yes, something important. But it shouldn't take long." he got up from his seat.

"Sure then." Pieck stood up as well, Porco decided not to argue and followed the two of them out.

The three of them got farther and farther away from the stage, Zeke was strangely quiet. Pieck took notice of that.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"...Everything's fine," he replied. That only made Pieck more suspicious. 

-----

Meanwhile, tension filled the air of the room. 

"Ummm...huh?" Falco asked, oblivious to what was going on.

"I thought you said you two were old friends! That he'd be surprised...right, Mr. Kruger?" he then asked.

"Yes...thank you, Falco. For making this happen." Eren replied.

"There's a lot we need to talk about...it's just hard to figure out where to start..." he added.

"....This...this can't be real..." Reiner was still in disbelief.

"?" Falco was beyond confused.

"Sit down, Reiner." Eren said.

"This is a good seat. You'll hear all the commotion on stage from here. Above us is a regular apartment building. It's behind the stage but...a lot of its residents are looking out their windows, excited for the curtain to rise."

"Right above our heads." Eren pointed up at the ceiling.

"Huh...? Mr. Kruger, did you hurt your hand?" Falco asked.

"Yes...it's just a scratch," Eren replied.

"Reiner...sit down..." Eren said harshly.

Reiner tensed up and immediately sat down. I could feel the atmosphere tensing up even more.