Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

You stared blankly through the window as you watched the people walk by. You always wondered where they went.

The longer you sat there, the more you were wasting time. 

You continued to stare as you heard footsteps walking towards you from behind.

"There you are. You're always here, are you?"

You looked up to see the kind elderly woman from the elderly couple that took care of you. They weren't very old, but not very young either.

You were...'abandoned'. You were badly injured and don't remember much. 

At least that's what they believe. 

When you were found, you didn't say a word. Didn't answer their questions, only responded with slight sounds from your mouth. 

You refused to answer their questions about the whereabouts of your parents, so they had to take you in. 

You didn't know their names so you just called them your grandparents.

You didn't trust them at first. After all, they were strangers to you. But overtime you warmed up to them. 

They showed you love and care even though you weren't related by blood. 

It was because of them, things changed. 

"Want to try going out today? You seem interested in going out."

You replied with a nod and eagerly jumped to your feet. She laughed and quickly rushed to you.

"Hold on. Hold on." She faced you towards her and messed with your hair a bit, revealing your left eye.

"We need to fix this patch of yours first."

"..." 

When they first found you, there was blood coming from your eye. They panicked and pitied you. 'Losing your eye at such a young age.' They said. 

You were lucky they didn't ask further about it. 

You were given an eyepatch to wear to cover your injury. You were thankful for that. 

She hid your eyepatch the best she could and smiled at you.

"Now you're ready. Make sure no one touches your eye patch, okay?"

You nodded. She patted your hair.

"Now go play!"

You quickly rushed out and began strolling down the streets. You always liked this place. It was peaceful and filled with many wonders.

You felt like something new happened everyday when you were in the market area. 

Even though you could only see part of everything, you've still liked it. Yet, every time you walked these streets. 

You felt like you didn't belong here. But why...?

You were walking through an alleyway until you heard voices.

"Just leave me alone!" it sounded like a boy.

"Aww, or what!? You're gonna hit us with books!" another boy.

You went closer to the voices until you turned the corner, your eye slightly widened. It was a young boy around your age with blonde hair. Three bigger boys were surrounding him.

"Come on! Do something! Or are you waiting for your friends to save you again!?" one of the boys pushed against the wall.

The blonde boy had tears in his eyes and looked badly hurt.