Chapter 23 (Rewritten)

"Uh..." You thought. 

Eren was staring deep into your eyes. You didn't know how to describe the look he was giving you. 

You and Eren stared at each other in complete silence for a few moments. You were in a trance. 

His eyes are really pretty... 

Suddenly, you realized what you were doing and reacted immediately. 

You headbutted him in the face and shoved him away. 

"Ow!!" 

You yelped as you immediately went to cover his mouth to keep him quiet. 

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry." You thought while rubbing his hand. 

You went to go check the damage you've done. You sighed in relief, it wasn't bad. His nose wasn't bleeding. 

"What the hell is your problem!?"

"What is yours!?" You mirrored his look. 

'You were gonna kiss me!'

"What!? Why the hell will I kiss you!?" Eren went quiet for a moment. 

"Wait...is that what you thought I was going to do!?" 

It went quiet again before Eren started to laugh. Laughing like that was the funniest joke in his life. 

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. You started shushing him to be quiet. 

"You should have seen your face!" He stopped laughing and gave you a playful and teasing smile.  

"You actually thought I was going to kiss you!? I don't like you like that. If there was a titan reaching for either you or the horse, I'll save the horse!" 

Your eyes narrowed as your cheeks grew red from embarrassment. This asshole...

You started hitting at him, he began to laugh even more. Knowing you were embarrassed. 

Eren's laughs echoed in the stairway as you continued your antics, you were fuming. 

"Ow, ow, ow, ow! Okay, okay! Stop! I'm sorry!" 

You gave him one last smack on the head before turning your back. You were tired and still annoyed. 

You know what, you're glad he's sleeping in the cellar tonight. 

You hope he catches a cold down there. 

"Wait, but seriously. Do you like me?" He asked. 

The look of disgust and annoyance on your face was enough to answer that question. He looked like he wanted to laugh again. 

Your eyebrow twitched in annoyance, 

"Armin could never make fun of me." You thought. 

You heard Eren trying to hold in his laughter, you grew more annoyed. You wanted to piss him off too. 

'Jean would never make fun of me.' You signed, that was a total lie. 

"Huh!? Jean!? You like Jean?!"

You pretended to get embarrassed and looked away. Sure Jean was, good looking in some way. And it was obvious he had feelings for you and Mikasa. But you were still mad at him about the first encounter you two had. 

"Seriously!?" The tone of his voice changed. 

You hid your smirk as Eren was now looking at you like what you just told him was the most ridiculous thing he ever heard.