Chapter 60

*Note: a revised version of the old Ch. 61

"Sasha! Put that down!!!" you yelled as you and Armin chased her around.

Although you couldn't blame her for grabbing the barrel of water, you all were suffering in the heat, building railroad tracks to develop the island. You blamed Eren for opening his big mouth like always.

"Sasha!!" Armin called out as she continued to run away with the water barrel, drinking it as she ran.

"You're not the only one who's hot out here! Save some for the rest of us!!" you shouted. You tackled her to the ground; she ended up dropping the barrel but there was no water left for it to spill.

"Dammit!! Sasha!! o(≧口≦)o" you whined while Sasha sighed in satisfaction. Armin was on his knees, catching his breath from all the running.

"Hey!!" you all heard Hange call out. They, along with Captain Levi, arrived on their horses towards the scene.

"Glad to see you're all working hard! Especially in the heat."

"Yeah, got to watch this idiot over here." Jean looked over at Eren.

"Can we please get more water? Sasha finished it all...(-﹏-。)" you asked.

"Might not happen, Y/N..." Connie replied. You let out an annoyed sigh.

"I blame you for this!" you pointed over at Eren.

"Unbelievable. You're all growing so damn big." you looked down at your captain, not noticing it before.

You did grow taller. Just a long while ago, you were shorter than the captain. Now you were practically a few inches taller than him. He has to look up at you now. Of course your sudden growth spurt didn't go by unnoticed.

One time when you were talking with Eren, his eyes drifted down to your legs. His face became puzzled as he looked up and down your form a few more times.

"Since when did you get taller?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"You're almost as tall as me," he pointed out. You stared at him for a few moments, noticing now that Eren was easy to look at now.

"Huh...I guess I am." you spoke.

"How the hell did that happen?" he asked.

"Don't know actually." your eyes drifted, remembering something that made you chuckle.

"Hange said the same thing to me when I was talking with them. They don't know themselves but maybe it has something to do with the change in diet?" You both remained quiet for a moment.

"...What does that mean?"

"No clue,"

Hange came to deliver the bad news. The initial plan to cause the rumbling and to sacrifice Historia was still the way to go. Your attempt at a different approach of peace was denied, there wasn't much to do to change that.

"They're scared of us. Of what they don't know about who we are." Mikasa pointed out.

"It's hard to change people's minds. Our history is the cause of that. Of course they aren't willing to see now how much we changed..." you added.

"So let's go meet 'em! They won't trust people whose faces they haven't seen. Isn't that what we scouts do!?"

Before you all knew it, you were all on your way down the tracks. While on the way, you all were discussing Hange's plan to make a base and infiltrate Marley from there. However, your friends looked over at you when discussing it.