Chapter 52 (Rewritten)

You shifted around uncomfortably. 

"There are too many people here. I don't like it..." 

Ever since that certain event, you kept a minor distance towards everyone. Your anxiety was telling you that people were whispering. 

They know you were the person who could have saved commander Erwin but decided not to do it. That was what your insecurities told you. 

"Maybe I shouldn't have to come here! Sure I came here just to get a medal, but is it really worth it!?" Your thoughts were frantic. 

You literally couldn't focus! 

"I can't take it! I need to leave!" You quickly made your way to the exit, hoping to get some fresh air. But a voice stopped you. 

"Y/n? Where are you going?" You heard Armin ask. 

"The ceremony is going to start soon. We can't have you wandering around now." he took your hand and led you back to the group. 

"Shoot...there goes my only chance of leaving. Oh well...might as well just stay calm and try to contain yourself for now." You thought. 

When coming closer to the group, you noticed Eren rubbing his temples as his face read deep pain. 

"Eren, are you alright?" Mikasa asked. 

"I'm fine. It's just my head hurts a lot. It's been killing me these past few days. I don't know why though?"

Headaches...? 

...That could be the work of the Founder Titan. 

However, you kept that information to yourself. 

You thought listening to other conservations would help calm you down. But you were wrong. 

"Y/n was it?" You heard a voice ask. 

You turned to find a girl with brown wavy tousled hair and hazel eyes. Your eyebrows furrowed. 

You never seen this girl before? How does she know your name?

The girl chuckled at your confused expression. 

"I can tell by the look on your face you never seen me before. My name is Hitch. A friend of Marlowe." She introduced herself. 

Your eyes widened. 

Marlowe...you remember him. 

He didn't make it...along with the other soldiers who traveled with you. 

"No need for the pity. I'm alright." She later replied. 

"I just wanted to introduce myself to you. You're quite the talk of the area now. With you being a titan shifter and all that. The military police were skeptical about you at first, but part of me believed you are a good person. And I'm right, you seem like you are." She explained. 

You felt a bit relieved. At least there was some people who didn't view you negatively.  

"I also heard some things about the commander. How you tried to save him but it didn't work out. His injuries were beyond repair, how were you able to stabilize him?" She asked. 

"Actually, wait. No, don't try to come up with an answer. I forgot you're not much of a talker." she laughed nervously. 

You chuckled a bit yourself. 

Luckily for you, the others soon joined the conversation, probably sensing awkwardness in the air. 

You were again relieved as the subject of the matter seemed to change. But of course, that relief didn't last too long.