Chapter 29 (Rewritten)

You woke up, again. You were exhausted, your energy was drained. It looked you were riding back to the walls. 

And from the looks of it, the mission did not end well. 

Eren was lying next to you, his arm loosely wrapped your figure, waiting for you to wake up. 

He noticed you moving and looking at him, his eyes were wide and with heavy emotion. It was like he was in disbelief. 

"Y/n...you're real right? It's not a dream...you're actually here."

"Mmm..." You nodded, tears welling up. 

He chuckled, tears running down his face. 

"Y/n...I saw you...you died. You weren't moving or breathing, when that happened I just---" His voice broke out in a sob. 

"It happened so fast..."

"I'm sorry, for making a bad choice." He apologized weakly. 

The tears finally fell as you began to cry, crying harder than you thought. Like the tears you were holding back just came out. 

You wanted to forgive Eren, wanted to give him a sign that it wasn't his fault. 

But you knew it was...it was his decision. His decision has caused this...

But even if he didn't choose to stay, would they still be alive?

You all arrived back at HQ in one piece. You listened to the voices of everyone in the crowd, they knew you all have failed, so many lives were lost. In this moment, everyone had lost faith in the Survey Corps. 

All you could do was hide your face in shame. 

 You stood from outside the empty mess hall, apparently Commander Erwin needed to have a conservation with who is now left of the Captain Levi squad and a few others. 

"Y/n?" Eren asked. 

You turned to him and gave him a weak smile. 

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked. 

You tried to, but everything seemed to fall blank. You shook your head. 

"You...transformed into a titan."

Your eyes widened. 

No...

No... you couldn't have. 

"I'm serious. You transformed into a titan. Nearly killed me in the process."

Since when!? How...!?

"You never knew...?"

Of course, you don't know! What the hell kind of question is that!?

"We need to tell the Captain. Section Commander Hange could help--"

You shook your head. 

You weren't so sure. 

'Now's not the time.'

"Now is the perfect time!"

'Can this wait!?'

Eren couldn't believe you. 

"You can't seriously hide this from them!"

You shook your head again, looking away. Eren scoffed. 

"Fine then." Without another word, he stormed off into the mess hall. 

You collected yourself as best as you could before entering after him. 

....

 You were situated in the empty mess hall. Eren and you were dressed in your scout uniform while Captain was dressed in casual clothes.