One Leisure Lecture

Comenzar desde el principio

Ellie sighed deeply. In reality, despite her angered ways, she couldn't stand having to act that way. Out of all of her teachers throughout her years of school, Mrs. Blake was by far the worst. She made Ellie want to drop out.

With a long sigh of frustration and mild anger, Ellie whispered, "As much as I wanted to go to college here, this is bullsh*t. I hate it here, Riley, and I wanna go home"...

The sensitive, vulnerable side of her best friend rarely ever showed, but Riley was no stranger to seeing it. She pulled Ellie into a comforting hug, "Hey now... Go ahead and head home. Play with Cooper and get some rest. Call your parents if you so desire. It's okay to feel an overwhelming amount of stress, but I feel that you need a break. Call me tomorrow if you're feeling better and I'll take you out to lunch. How does that sound?" Riley asked, pulling away from the hug and giving the slightly shorter girl a sympathetic smile.

Ellie smiled back, nodding, "That sounds great. Thanks, Riley!" Ellie replied, pulling away from the hug as well. Riley lightly laughed, "Hey, I know we're friends with benefits, but sometimes, my best friend just needs me and my job is to fix that".

Ellie nodded once more, walking away. She did still love Riley as more than just a friend, but she knew from past experiences with Riley that a relationship wasn't the way to go. She knew deep down that it was best to remain friends and knew that Riley felt the same way. They had been friends for years, but Ellie was notorious for saying that "Losing a best friend is worse than a girlfriend". Her relationship with her ex girlfriend, Kat, was a perfect example of that, considering that Kat became jealous every time she saw Ellie and Riley together. It didn't matter anymore... Her relationship with Kat was no longer relevant. Kat could be jealous all she wanted, but Ellie wasn't going to let her ruin her chances at finding someone else... Someone who actually loved her and didn't only want sex.

As Ellie made her way to her black Ford Escape, she opened the passenger side door, placing her backpack and textbooks on the seat. She slipped her phone into her back pants pocket, pulling out her car key lanyard as she did so.

Ellie headed to the other side, opening the door to the driver's side and sitting in her seat. She placed the car key into the ignition and turned it on, pulling out of the driveway of the college campus.

Instead of turning on quiet music like she usually did on her daily venture back home, Ellie yanked her phone out of her pocket, opening up her list of contacts once she had stopped at a stop sign.

Ellie plugged her phone into the USB port on her cars radio and pressed the speaker option on the phone, as she drove down the streets of Seattle.

She listened to the compulsive ringing sound the call made, waiting for her mom to answer, "If there's one thing that I like more about dad compared to you, it's that dad always answers my calls!" She thought, tapping all 10 fingers on the steering wheel out of impatience.

Finally, as if 10 minutes had gone by, she heard her moms voice fill her ears, "Hey, kiddo!" Anna replied, with a big smile apparent in the way she spoke.

Ellie exasperated a long sigh of relief, glad to hear the voice of her favorite parent, "Hey, mom! I need to talk to you"... Ellie replied honestly, knowing thar lying was bad and that doing so wouldn't do her any good.

Ellie heard her mom flop down onto the couch, "Of course, sweetheart. Talk away! That's what I'm here for". Anna answered, remembering the talk she had with Ellie before college, explaining that she could vent at any time.

Ellie smiled, "Uh, I was just in my Ecology class like always and Mrs. Blake is just getting worse and worse by the day. She asked me if I was listening, I told her that I already knew what I was doing and she asked me why I was in there in the first place. I said that I wouldn't be in that class if I didn't want a degree in Ecology. She tried to tell me that I shouldn't have said that in front of her, she got p*ssed, so I left. I wanna drop out, mom"...