Chapter 36: Little secrets

Start from the beginning

I can't stop my tears and it keeps on falling. I missed her so much. I really do.

"The Kims knew about your past."

My past?

Oh yeah.. maybe that's why. Maybe that's what triggered her again and decided to leave me. I expected that already. But I can't do anything anymore.

"They forbid her to call you. That's why she stopped. She can't use her phone anymore. She tried everything to come back as soon as possible. But she had to finish everything first there, Lisa. That's why it took her longer than we thought."

"What's the use of telling me this, Chaeng.. it's not like.. she'll magically appear here before us."

I cover my eyes with my arm because I couldn't stop crying.

"W-What if I do?"

Now, I'm hearing her voice. Everything just seems so painful to us. I can't blame her. She's a victim too. Just like me. She's a victim too of this thing called fate.

"W-What if I c-came back for y-you?"

What if you came back? Will I be able to accept you again? You left me hanging. But every time I think of you, Jennie Kim, I can't help but to fall for you even after what happened. I'm still holding on. You're still in my heart. Haish! Why am I like this?!

"Chaeng.."

"Hm?"

"I'm hearing her voice. Am I crazy? If this is a dream— OUCH!"

I scowled at her again but didn't move from my position. It's embarrassing if she sees me crying again. Hays.

"You don't have the right to slap me, Chong-ah. You don't have the right to hurt me. Only Jennie Kim could do that. But she's not here anymore. She's busy with her husband."

"You are fucking crazy." Chaeyoung scowled again.

Then she smacks my head again. I got up fast and turned to her.

"OUCH! I tol—"

"L-Lisa-yah.."

"Y-You.."

She nodded and tears are falling from her eyes.

"I-I'm here. I c-came back.."

I didn't have second thoughts and hugged her. I'm hugging the love of my life tight. She's here. Ghad. She really is. I released the hug to look at her again. Then pulled her tight again. And I never wanna let go. Not anymore. I cried hard when I felt her arms wrapped around me. I tried to look behind her and saw the girls, but not all of them. Only Chaeng, Jisoo unnie and Eunbin is here. And her.

I released the hug and touches both of her cheeks. She just nodded while both of us are crying.

"Y-You came back.. for me? Y-You.. oh my ghad.. I— "

I can't even speak. She's here. She really is. My forehead touches hers.

"I told you I'll come back. I promise you.. didn't I?"

"What took so long.. I-I've missed you so much.. y-you said t-three months.. b-but— I'm sorry, L-Lisa-yah.. I'm sorry I took so long.. I didn't want it to happen. Hm? I'll explain everything.. please."

I shook her head but I hugged her again like my life depends on it.

"I will never let you go, Jennie Kim. Not anymore. Even if you insisted. I will never let you go. I will run away with you.. you hear me? I will."