20• |Inceptive dispute|

En başından başla

Manik was definitely worried about how would they manage everything in such less time but he wanted him and Nandini to enjoy this phase just as much as any other groom and bride might do.

“No, not her Sanjay. She cannot handle this. As it is she has a lot on her plate so I don't think she'll be able to do this. You, let it be. I'll talk to some other people from the ones who were short-listed. Just tell Sanjana to mail the list to me.” Manik heard Nandini speak over the phone as she came back to him with an exasperated look. He pulled her close to him making sure no one was around to watch. She sighed after hanging up. Even she was excited to shop for them but these phonecalls weren't letting her do anything in peace.

“I'm so sorry, Manik! I know, this shouldn't be like this but what do I do?” she apologised to him and he nodded in a no.

“Forget it! Let's finish this and hit the food court. I'm hungry and you look tired. After that we'll go to the furniture showroom if you're up for it, okay?” he asked her and she just nodded before moving a little away from him.

Just like Manik said, they left the store after paying off their bills and headed to the food court to have something. They chose a fairly cornered booth to settle down while Manik went away to get some food for them after asking her what did she want to have. Nandini opened the calender in her mobile to set up a schedule for the next few days until the wedding.

Manik came back in about fifteen minutes with a tray full of food for them and sat beside her. “Is that a schedule?” he asked her as he unintentionally caught a glance of her screen while opening up the container of white sauce pasta for them.

“Yep. There's a lot to do and if I fail to note it down then I'm going to definitely miss out on something. You will have to feed me because this will take a while.” she said to him with a cute face and he chuckled dismissively. He fed her like she asked him to and he kept eating as well, thus letting her peacefully finish up with her task.

“Manik, I am thinking of giving up my post to someone else.” Nandini said out of the blue once she put her phone aside on the table.

“What? Did you hit your head somewhere? Why would you want to do that?” Manik asked her in surprise. She glared at him for the choice of his words to which he just shrugged his shoulders.

“No, I did not hit my head anywhere. It's just that, you are taking a fifteen days long leave and if I have to take one then it's impossible while I'm still at this position. Once the participants are finalized, the whole process will get tiresome which is not exactly how a newly married woman's life would be. So, I was thinking of giving up my post.” Nandini enunciated it to him.

“I'm taking a leave because I can afford it. You've gotten such a huge opportunity to prove yourself. I don't think it's wise to throw something like this away. Besides, I'm here to take care of stuff. You just need to tell me what to do. We can enjoy our time once this project of yours is completed, after all we will have the rest of lives for it.” Manik put forth his point of view against her statements. He took her hand in his while saying what he felt.

“I can make opportunities happen forever but our wedding won't happen more than once. You don't know the nature of my job, Manik . This is nothing. There have been nights together when I couldn't come back home to even bathe and freshen up. Sanjana used to get my stuff from my home and I'd freshen up in the office itself. I have slept at so many venues of our events because I mostly worked till late in the night and then I had to make sure that on the next day, work begins early in the morning. If I continue farther then there are chances that I might not be able to back out of it later.” Nandini said looking at him. Food was long forgotten now.