Quarantine Blues

Evie was currently cracking open a can of peaches in her kitchen, and she had an almost crazed look about her as she made good use of the can opener.

"Mmm, I am starving!" Evie spoke aloud, wetting her lips slightly as she gazed at the peaches can that had just opened. Evie grinned at the sight of it, feeling her stomach grumble at the very thought of eating the delectable fruit inside.

Evie strode into the living room to enjoy her prize, sitting in a nearby armchair.

Evie was quite honestly convinced that she was starving to death and she was honestly just so, so lonely. Even though she had the VKs there with her, something was different about them. For one, they were much quieter, and secondly, Mal in particular hadn't hugged her or showed her any affection like she usually did.

Either way, Evie was terribly upset, and she had decided that Mal was being rather cold to her altogether.

"Huh. M's being all calculating and like a big pooper," Evie announced, looking over at the suspiciously skinny Mal resting there on the couch.

"But I don't need her. I have peaches!" Evie proclaimed proudly before stuffing a big forkful of fruit into her mouth, humming and licking her lips in appreciation as she devoured the contents of the can.

"Well, I can go," a voice suddenly spoke up, and Evie spun around swiftly, peach juice dripping from her lips as she looked at the one and only real Mal. Evie gaped at the faerie for a moment, swallowing the peach in her mouth slowly. She then very slowly looked over at the skinny Mal on the couch.

It was then that it very quickly occurred to her that the Mal on the couch did not resemble a person at all and was instead a tall roll of fabric leaned against the cushions. Evie then returned her gaze to the person standing there across the room.

Evie dropped the peach can in her pure surprise, the contents spilling all over her perfectly spotless floor. Mal's eyes widened as she looked down at the mess.

"M?!" Mal nodded slightly, returning her gaze to Evie as if the girl had lost her mind.

"MAL!!!" the bluenette cried. She wasted no time in taking off toward Mal at full speed. Evie painfully banged her knee into the chair and nearly slipped in the peach juice, but she didn't allow it to deter her in her rush to her sister.

Evie almost sent Mal falling to the ground, but Mal fortunately managed to keep upright. Evie squeezed Mal tightly, hugging her to her as firmly as she could possibly manage without actually reaching her legs up and clinging on like a koala. However, she was seriously considering it.

"Oh, M, I've missed you so much!" Evie pitifully whined, and Mal raised an eyebrow but wasted no time in returning Evie's embrace wholeheartedly.

"I missed you, too," Mal mumbled into Evie's shoulder, still trying to stay upright in the midst of her best friend's nigh smothering hold.

However, before Evie could get much closer, she suddenly released Mal to look at her strangely. Evie gave Mal a onceover before meeting her eyes once again.

"Wait, what about coronavirus?" Evie asked, terribly worried that the she could be exposing the faerie to sickness. Not that Evie had been out into town or anything.

"Screw it. I'm not staying by myself without my Evie," Mal told her with a fond smile, and with only a glance of the face-splitting grin that Evie had before she wrapped Mal in her arms tightly and closely.

"Oh, my gosh, I've missed you," Evie whispered as she practically crushed Mal. Mal nodded against the girl's shoulder, captured in that impossibly tight embrace.