A Thin Line

Summary: When Jay starts distracting Audrey's team of cheerleaders from their practices, Audrey finds herself quite angry. However, she soon realizes that there is quite a thin line indeed between hate and love. Thank you to @PurpleSkys2 for the request!!! 💖💖💖

   "Girls! Pay attention!" Audrey cried in frustration for what felt like the thousandth time, trying diligently to regain the attentions of her cheerleaders. They were at one of their regular practices and as soon as the school's bad boy showed his face, all of the girls would hardly listen to any of Audrey's instructions, which made Audrey hopping mad.

She would have ordinarily only been somewhat irritated, but this was not the first time that Jay had swooped in and distracted the cheerleaders. He always somehow found a way to make at least one appearance when they were practicing their routines, and he had no issue with flashing a little skin and sending a few leers their way when he was doing it. But he had never shown as much skin as he had today.

At Audrey's scolding, all of the girls hesitantly and slowly returned their attentions to their cheer captain once again. Audrey groaned loudly in frustration, glancing back at the boy nearby who had removed his Tourney jersey and the clothes underneath it so that he was bare-chested as he put on a holey tank top.

As soon as Audrey had looked at him, her eyes went ridiculously wide at the sight of his naked stomach. Of course she did not see much of the glorious skin uncovered because he yanked on the shirt and covered it all up much too fast.

She was pulled from her stupor just as soon as he realized she was staring. He gazed back at her with a smirk, winking as he looked her up and down. Audrey quickly looked away, trying her best not to blush, and the other girls were gazing at her with emotions ranging from mischievousness to jealousy.

"What are you all looking so sneaky about? Let's get to it! Come on!" Audrey clapped her hands loudly, and they all hurried to their positions.

While they were giggling amongst themselves about Jay, Audrey cast one more glance over her shoulder in the boy's direction. She noticed that he was now walking away. Audrey groaned, rolling her eyes and trying desperately to ignore how her stomach flipped and flopped constantly at the sight of him.

She was definitely going to have to talk to the absolutely frustrating VK. And not because she felt drawn to him for some reason. She had to have a conversation with him because of his wicked way of terribly distracting her cheerleaders.

Or at least, that was what she would keep telling herself for now...

.....................................................................................................................

"Jay, stop!" Audrey cried out, hurrying as fast as she could considering the fact that she was in high heels. Jay was walking along casually, and at the sound of her voice, he paused. As she approached, Audrey could not help but notice how he gave her an appreciative onceover.

Her stomach once again flipped but this time it was accompanied by her heart tossing itself against her ribcage repeatedly. Audrey desperately tried to tame the feeling inside as she approached him, conjuring all of the resolve she had and sending it primarily to her knees so that she could have the strength to withstand his horrible, wicked charms.

It was one of the few times that Jay was actually out practicing when the cheerleaders were not, and Audrey had very luckily managed to catch him before the other Tourney players were out there.

"Whaddya need, Foxy?" Jay asked cockily, leaning against the back of the bleachers as he gazed at her. Audrey narrowed her eyes, trying desperately to ignore the flutter in reply to his little nickname that he had for her ever since he first laid eyes on her.