Oh, Baby, Baby Part 8

Summary: Mal is sleeping over at Evie's place one night when she ends up sleepwalking and sleep-eating. Naturally, this leads to trouble. But the type of trouble it caused was what no one could have expected. Let's just say Mal's being a real "baby" about it. Mal and Evie friendship/sister feels, Uma friendship feels with Mal and Evie, Core Four feels, Bal, Huma, Jarlos, and Jaudrey.

   "What time is it?" Evie asked as she watched Mal run around the room for reasons unbeknownst to her. Or maybe not a reason too unknown. After all, it could have been the cookie that Evie had given to Mal earlier.

Uma groaned deeply from her sunken place on the sofa, lifting up her phone and checking for Evie.

"It's four thirty," Uma replied, and shut her eyes as Mal came running over to the both of them. Evie sighed slightly, really wishing that Mal was back to normal. Evie was used to Mal acting kind of crazy, but not quite like this.

Mal came over to Evie quickly, her entire small face lit up in a big grin. Evie smiled in return, taking Mal's face in her hands and looking at her lovingly.

"You wanna run, Evie?" Mal asked, and Evie just shook her head slightly before kissing Mal's nose gently.

"No. I don't have quite as much energy as you. Why don't you ask Uma?" Evie questioned, and Uma shot the bluenette a dirty look as she relaxed. Mal sighed disappointedly, and Evie brushed Mal's hair back a bit as the little girl came hurrying over to Uma, still very much on her sugar high from the cookie.

Mal climbed onto the couch with Uma, and the pirate barely cracked open one eye to look at the toddler.

"C'mon, Uma! Run with me!" Mal demanded, and Uma just exhaled out of her mouth.

"I ain't running. Unfortunately for me, cookies don't work that strongly on my big body," Uma expressed, and Mal just furrowed her brow, placing her hands on her hips adorably.

"Let's do something crazy!" Mal told Uma, standing up on the couch as she looked over at the pirate. Uma rolled her eyes, and gently pushed Mal's stomach so that the kid fell down on the cushions on her behind.

"Nah," Uma replied simply, and Mal's eyes narrowed as she grew frustrated with Uma. Mal stood up once again, and she started to jump on the couch in an attempt to get Uma's attention.

"C'mon, Uma! You lazy old lady!" Mal cried, jumping up and down as hard as she could. Uma moved only a little with Mal's bounces, and Uma mostly found the entire situation humorous, which was quite the opposite of what Mal was after.

As Mal grew increasingly furious in her bouncing, Evie furrowed her brow, not liking how closely that Mal was growing to the edge of the couch.

"Mal? Mal, stop jumping on the couch," Evie instructed, attempting to be firm with the little girl at least a little and knowing at the same time that Mal was operating with that same adult stubbornness.

"No, no, no! I want to!" Mal protested as she jumped up and down. Evie started to get up, aiming on grabbing the little girl and physically keeping her from jumping.

However, before she could even begin to do this, Mal fell off the couch face first.

"MAL!" Evie cried, rushing forward and falling on her knees as she grabbed the girl. Uma immediately got down on her knees with Evie, her eyes wide as she watched Evie bring Mal into her arms as she examined the little girl's head.

It looked positively and absolutely terrible. There was a huge lump on Mal's head and there was blood. Evie felt her heart stop as she gazed down at Mal. Mal seemed almost stunned as she was frozen in Evie's grasp.