Chapter Twenty Seven

<Adonis>

It felt oddly creepy doing it under these circumstances. My mate was unconscious, looking quite cute and angelic and I was so close to her that anyone would find what I was doing very suspicious.

I was having huge inner turmoil, wondering if what I was doing was right. According to general werewolf laws, this was illegal. Even though it was just a bite, it meant a lot more than that. Lukas had informed me after I had made a blood oath that the way to get my mate back was to mark her. He said it so casually that I wanted to grab him by the neck and push him up to the wall and watch as he choked, but I restrained myself by grinding my teeth.

Marking is a very sacred act and for him to take it lightly had irritated me beyond belief. It meant that we would be bonded for eternity and the only way to reverse it would be to physically scar yourself by digging it out of the skin. I had heard many stories of it being painful enough that the person would rather wish death.

I'm deep in my thoughts that I don't realise that my mate is awake until she hisses. There is something different in her eyes that wasn't there before. She struggles against the restraints, her eyes smaller as if she was cowering. But the act is gone quickly.

Her confidence comes out. The grin on her face is sinister, her eyes getting bigger, glinting in the light. "You look like a man I once killed."

Her words jump over my head, I was concentrating more on my decision on whether I should go through with marking her. I glance at her and as my eyes connect with hers, I catch her faltering.

Something had definitely changed. What had my blood done to her?

She recovers from the cower quickly, "He was very easy to kill. I wonder how easy it will be to kill you."

With her useless comments, I was finding it very hard to concentrate. I let out a frustrated noise, looking around for something to shut her up. I quickly remember the gift that my beta had given me on my last birthday, which I had shoved into a drawer. It doesn't take me long to find it since I owned very few items. I open the box and grimace at the items before taking what I needed.

Clambering on the bed, I get close to my mate's body. The witch that was possessing her tries to move away, cowering, but she didn't get far because of the cuffs. I use my thumb to press her chin down, forcing her mouth open, putting the ball in. She makes few noises, but they're not as irritating as her words coming from my mate's voice. I buckle the ball gag then look at her face. She is glaring at me, but I am quickly distracted.

The right side of her neck was exposed, a small vein throbbing. It was now or never. I tilt her face so that I get more coverage before lightly kissing and sucking at the area. She is making little noise but I was so sure that at one point I had heard her mewl softly. My teeth graze her skin, my canines making their appearance. Her body stiffens but it was too late to back out of it now.

It happens quickly and so sudden that when my canines break the first layer of skin, there was no second thought of going back or hesitation. An intense feeling fills my body when a hint of her blood hits my tongue. It was like I was high on ecstasy that I don't even notice the continuous loud gasps that Eva makes under me or her body going limp.

My wolf wants to make his appearance and I give him a small bit of control to finish the mark. Her blood is pouring out from the wound so he cleans the area and heals it. It eventually only looked like a swollen bite. The mark was bigger than any normal werewolf claims because of my alpha position but it looked perfect. I can feel the pride from my wolf as we look at in awe. She was ours. And ours only.

I take control back, my wolf slowly getting upset that our actions weren't reciprocated. In normal marking situations, the female would also mark the male back, but this obviously wasn't a normal situation. This was a matter of getting my mate back and doing anything to get her back. Even if it meant that the mark wouldn't be fully complete and I'd feel discomfort for a while, it was worth it.

Although I was pretty sure that I had probably sold my soul to the devil for an 'IOU', anything to get her back was worth it.

My mate's eyes are closed. "Eva..." My tone is soft, worry beginning to creep in. Had it not worked? Why was she not responding?

"Eva..." My tone is more urgent and I prod her shoulder. What if that stupid vampire was lying to me? Bursts of anger begin to boil within me and I mull over the hundred different ways I could torture him before giving him a slow and painful death.

I'm midway thinking of the equipment I would have to buy to torture him with when her body begins to stir. I grab her shoulders tighter and speak louder, "Eva." She moves more and the anger dissipates, the thought of her half brother disappearing from my mind quickly.

My focus is on her and when her eyes slowly open, I can feel my heart lifting as my whole body was sighing in relief. Her doe-shaped eyes are strikingly familiar again just laced with confusion as she blinks a couple of times as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Mi cariño." My voice is soft and tender when her gaze fixates on mine. Her voice is heavy and hesitant as she responds, "Adonis?"  

 Her voice is heavy and hesitant as she responds, "Adonis?"